EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1936 early Panzer wrap - opinions please ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, splendid wrap! Do not miss it!

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
      That is all good news , thank you everyone .. !

I will ask for some more pictures , eg of the underside of boards , collar .

This will be a very hard trade , so I wanted to cancel all doubts .
      When I was young I let go of both a piped wide collar & an unpiped 1944 , and still regret it .
      The unpiped needed a triangle Panzer eagle , which was impossible to get here at the time ( = long before the internet ! ) , so I let go .

But I never even saw one this early .

So yes , if it all goes through , it will be a kind of childhood dream / midlife crisis thing for me ..
      Good for you man.
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
        ...A wrapper produced late in '36 could have easily left the factory with sewn in shoulder straps...
        The ones on this example appear, to me, to be slip-on. And if this is the case, it is not the way it would have left the point of manufacture given this date.

B. N. Singer
        Last edited by B. N. Singer; 03-10-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
          The ones on this example appear, to me, to be slip-on. And if this is the case, it is not the way it would have left the point of manufacture given this date.

B. N. Singer
          I was trying to click on the dang photos to see more clearly, but they wouldn't expand. I almost deleted the comment because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post

B. N. Singer
            Boards are indeed slipon , with tongues , so adjusted to later regulations . Not sure if there are still traces of the factory sew-in ..

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
              Boards are indeed slipon , with tongues , so adjusted to later regulations . Not sure if there are still traces of the factory sew-in ..
              A few areas that should be carefully checked and helpful if photos could be posted wound be reverse side of collar, reverse photos of straps and tongues off of wrap is best, bridles and area inside shoulders where originally straps would have been sewn down all around

The straps may be modified for slip on or made as slip on either way probably added after 1939, but for me that is no problem, it would just be interesting to understand exactly what was done

Comment

I'm hoping to have a hands-on next week , for now here is a shot of the inside .
                IMO not a modified sewn-in but a later addition , which is fine with me as long as all parts are authentic ..
                Attached Files

Comment

Trousers ;
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Others can tell you more about the straps than I can. The trousers are extremely scarce with this date and also the very early single rear pocket. The bridle is added, but we knew that with the slip on straps. I think that I have been only seen one or two sets of trousers this early and that has been in 40 years paying attention to that detail.

Comment

This is a beautiful set that I would not hesitate to get. From an originality standpoint, I would be absolutely unconcerned about the slip on mod to the jacket, as photo evidence from the time show factory sew-in boards replaced and it was a common enough practice.

Thank you for posting more from this nice uniform set.

s/f Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again for all comments .. !

Will try to make the final push this week .
                          It will come with this sidecap , what do you think ? Has anyone seen one from the same maker .. ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice all original overseas. I have seen that maker before.

Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                                ...I would be absolutely unconcerned about the slip on mod to the jacket, as photo evidence from the time show factory sew-in boards replaced and it was a common enough practice.
                                I believe that were we able to examine the photo sufficiently we might find that these straps are the original factory sew-ins, just lifted from the shoulders and no longer sewn down (a common enough practice).

B. N. Singer
                                PS. A Very nice overseas hat!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X