Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1936 early Panzer wrap - opinions please ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 early Panzer wrap - opinions please ..

I have been invited to come over and have a look at this very early Panzer wrap - square collar , and still without closing provisions / buttons .

Any red flags - does the lining material look correct ?

How about the stamps ?

This is a first probe , if anything in particular should be shown , I will ask for more pictures .

I would like to go prepared , so all help is appreciated , thanks .. !

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Backside ..
          Attached Files

Comment

36 Wrap;

Don't see any red flags. Everything looks as it should for a 36 1st pattern.

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply .. !

This tunic is in an old Dutch collection .

But by now - the stakes are so high - I cannot afford to make a mistake .

Comment

I have devoted many years of knowledge to give advice to the collecting community of SS insignia = I have always helped members with my knowledge .

On this subject now - I am going into the void and need help - please return the favour and tell me what you think about this 1936 Panzer .

Comment

Looks all original to me,very nice.

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Gorgeous wrap!
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

I also do not see any red flags.

The absence of a collar size in the stamp is good IMO. Unit stamp looks good too. PR 7 was stood up 1 October 1936, so that's fine too. A wrapper produced late in '36 could have easily left the factory with sewn in shoulder straps with the chain-stitched "7". The Heer would have placed orders either in advance of October '36 or rush orders late in '36 to properly clothe the new regiment.

To answer your question, the lining material appears correct in my experience.

Comment

It appears to be all original, with original early insignia. This outfit ended up in the Stuttgart area about this time; one of my favorite regiments.

s/f Robert

Comment

I do not see any red flags here either!

Lovely wrapper!

Mads

Comment

Fantastic example, hard to find in this condition

Comment

That is all good news , thank you everyone .. !

I will ask for some more pictures , eg of the underside of boards , collar .

This will be a very hard trade , so I wanted to cancel all doubts .
                              When I was young I let go of both a piped wide collar & an unpiped 1944 , and still regret it .
                              The unpiped needed a triangle Panzer eagle , which was impossible to get here at the time ( = long before the internet ! ) , so I let go .

But I never even saw one this early .

So yes , if it all goes through , it will be a kind of childhood dream / midlife crisis thing for me ..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X