Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Important Poll: When and How to Tell to a Woman that you enjoy Fireamrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HAD a wife that hated guns.............the second one really likes them, along with helmets, knives, swords, tanks, uniforms........but I go on to much!!!!!

Comment

Is a day at the range better than..................................

Wife had her own guns and her own Harley.!!!!!! Good girl!!!! Went to my first Full-Auto shoot ...gone all day...came home sunburned and dirty...Must have been glowing...wife said looks like you had a good time.... I answered, Yeah it was better than sex....Slept with the chickens last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I recently was seeing a young lady, and after a few dates, I invited her over to my home to 'watch a movie'. Now, She had recently lived in Holland, and was aware of what that country went trough during the war.

Now, even more awkward than firearms sometimes, is the suject of militaria collections in the home.

So, on the way there, I brought up some random thing about my house (my dog, the size of it, how long I've had it) and the fact that I am a musician and have quite a bit of guitars and amplifiers.

So....that led me into my next subject....I told her that I had to talk with her about something that we 'need' to talk about. I told her that along with musical instruments, I collect a lot of antiques. Edison players, Victrola's, and many other antique music players.

Along with those antiques, when we get to my house, you might see some framed things on my wall, and items in glass display cases, that look like they should be in a museum.

They are only another facet of my collecting, militaria. I told her about my Grandfather who fought in Okinawa, and my Great, Great Grandfather who fought in the 7th Louisiana Calvary in the civil war.

From there, I told her that I also has US, French, and German pieces from WWII. At this point I looked at her and said with a smile, you realize that just because I have a Japanese flag presented on one of my walls, does not mean I worship the emperor. In the same way, if I have some items from WWI era Germany, it dies not mean that I follow the Fuehrer or support the Third Riech. She laughed and said that she understood. I am a collector of unique, historical items, and it really goes no further than that.

When we arrived at my house, she got the grand tour (I don't keep most of my German items in my front rooms). When she saw the majority of the German items, she thought it was very interesting and asked it she could pick a couple of things up. I said sure and told her all about the pieces she was interested in.

So, I guess a lot depends on the build up, and a lot depends on the intelligence of the young lady. Luckily she came from a family of hunters and gun oeners so that was not a problem.

Just thought I would share my story....

Comment

Folks, have you ever pondered why the average female is so fearful of guns? I mean that even supposedly very intelligent women seem to lose any resemblance of rationality when it comes to guns...Just recently I had a few weeks worth of e-mail correspondence with a woman who claimed to be very conservative, anti-immigration, pro-Israel (and a great fan of the israeli wayy of having armed conscripts all around) and pro-military. Yet, when it came to private ownership of firearms, she proved to be supportive of very strict gun laws. Her fixation seemed to be on "school shootings", and she basically felt that any restriction of private ownership of guns is acceptable if it prevents a single school shooting. She admitted that her knowledge of guns is very limited; when I suggested that perhaps her lack of knowledge might influence her views, she exploded and started claiming that her intelligence has been insulted...

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
            Folks, have you ever pondered why the average female is so fearful of guns? I mean that even supposedly very intelligent women seem to lose any resemblance of rationality when it comes to guns...Just recently I had a few weeks worth of e-mail correspondence with a woman who claimed to be very conservative, anti-immigration, pro-Israel (and a great fan of the israeli wayy of having armed conscripts all around) and pro-military. Yet, when it came to private ownership of firearms, she proved to be supportive of very strict gun laws. Her fixation seemed to be on "school shootings", and she basically felt that any restriction of private ownership of guns is acceptable if it prevents a single school shooting. She admitted that her knowledge of guns is very limited; when I suggested that perhaps her lack of knowledge might influence her views, she exploded and started claiming that her intelligence has been insulted...

I have pondered it much. Women like having men around because we understand things women normally don't care about like mechanics, the way things work and dynamics of any given area of interest.

But when it comes to guns were all just a bunch of little boys who don't know anything unless we were taught in some government run military or police job.

When I was 26 I was dating a gal who did not like my guns or my at the time very modest militaria collection. She left with the idea I was going to be in a tower gunning people down and she did not want to be anywhere near my life when that went down. Course it's been almost 30 years now and it's not anywhere nearer to happening then as it would be now.

She sends me emails occasionally about how she misses me and who un happy she is with the guy she married.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post

Be upfront and honest about what you enjoy. If you feel like you have to hide it, it will be a miserable relationship.

JasonS

Yep. In a good relationship it should be no problem.
              Over thirty years ago when I first introduced my now wife to my Mom, she quietly took the poor girl aside and informed her that I had a disease.......that shooting disease. We still laugh about it to this day. It could have been something much worse I suppose.
              Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Still at it today....
                Attached Files
                An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

About 20 years married (22 since we met) my wife only complains if things are dirty or/and greasy around the house. I got a panzer turret MG34 support some days ago. I set it with one of my MG34s, in my bedroom, on the floor just by the window. My wife hasn't said a word, just saw it and moved along

Carles

Comment

when it's 3 o'clock in the morning and there's a strange noise you've both heard, coming from the living room. how? i prefer to say it by cocking my Winchester Defender 1300.

Comment

My wife comes from a long line of hunters and gun owners. We are also from the south which helps a lot. She knew from our first date I loved firearms and has supported me every since. She also carries a pistol everyday herself. There is no way I would be with a woman if I could not be myself. To many nice guns out there for all that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X