No announcement yet.

Marking on holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morten, I respect that you want to end your comments on the thread (that's fine) but it's not a quarrel to me. I look at it as a debate and discussion regarding the authenticity of a mark,not the mark itself but whether it should be on a holster. A discussion/debate on the authenticity of a WWII military artifact I thought was one of the reasons for this forum. A few members have emphatically expressed that the mark on the holster is valid for a Kriegsmarine holster....where is the proof? A comment that says "definitely authentic" without any verification or proof is just that, a comment.... an opinion. No one has posted a photo or document that has convinced me that this mark belongs on this holster or any other WWII holster for that matter. I remain in the camp that this mark was done post war since no one on this thread posted any proof, a photo or provenance regarding their claims.

Best Regards to All.
    Last edited by ed flisak; 06-29-2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marine View Post

We in Norway who have KM Holster with this marking are sure this is real. The reason for this is that these holsters come from depots Kriegsmarine had in Norway
      How about posting a few photos?

Comment

Originally posted by ed flisak View Post

How about posting a few photos?
        Hello Ed, don't want to be rude, but how about doing some research on your own instead of pushing someone to post his pictures? This can help: https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...berge-nolte-41

Comment

Glaser,
          This buckle's photos have been posted before. Member KC1 does not believe that the mark is authentic or legitimate. See thread: https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...-estand-buckle

In this thread the whole topic should be based on whether the mark is legitimate for a holster...not metal or a buckle ect... I'm not questioning that it may be on another object other than a holster. As far as research, if you look at my previous posts above I followed up on Marine's suggestion to look at Stephane Cailleau's book which I did (front to back.) I listed (see above) all the pages that had a photo of a Kriegsmarine stamp...none had the the Swastika over M mark in circles.....not one!

I also posted two links to Legacy Collectibles which Marine suggested I look at. I went to the site (which I check almost daily)...none of the Kriegsmarine pistols or holsters had the swastika over M stamp....none had the mark in question ...none! Please see links above in earlier post.

Here's another large dealer site:

https://pre98.com/?s=kriegsmarine&po...&product_cat=0

The Kriegsmarine stamps are Eagle/swastika over M....none....have the mark in question.

I spent a few hours last night googeling and searching for that mark/stamp...I could not find one anywhere. If someone could direct me to a site where I might find it that would be great!

I have done research and have posted my findings above.

I hear the members on this thread say...everyone here in Norway who collects Kriegsmarine has these stamps because there was a Kriegsmarine depot here in Norway. How about some proof or written documentation or provenance as to why the German Navy would change the standard National Kriegsmarine proofs in Norway when there were other Kriegsmarine depots beside Norway.

I have posted information and sites on this thread. No members have posted or shown any information other than the marked buckle. Since you are claiming this mark is legitimate for a Kriegsmarine holster it is up to you to show proof and provenance that it is TR Period and authentic not the other way around.

Again, I am not debating whether the swastika over M in circles mark is found on other militaria. That's a debate for another post/thread.
          I'm challenging the belief that it legitimately exists on WWII Kriegsmarine holsters. I am asking for information that shows that that mark was used on Kriegsmarine holsters.

I'll be waiting until then.

Best Regards to All.
          Ed
          Last edited by ed flisak; 06-30-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

This was just posted for sale on WAF. It has the eagle/swastika M stamp.
            https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...aps-is-present

Comment

Hello Members...with 540 views I am wondering why some experienced collectors have not chimed in on this thread. I'm still waiting for proof that this mark is Third Reich Period original Navy or Kriegsmarine or not. I have received several PM's where members agree with me that they believe the mark is bogus. Still, no member has posted opposition or proof otherwise. Very odd to me as I am on several WWII militaria forums and never experienced this before on any other forum and this is my first time with this issue on WAF. Very odd.
              Ed

Comment

I have never seen in my 42 years of collecting German small arms a Navy stamp like this before either. I checked over 30 of my Collector books and can find nothing like the one in the first picture anywhere. DSCN0460.JPG

Comment

Mauser888,
                  Thanks for your input and the information.
                  Ed

Comment

Here is a Kriegsmarine clock which just sold on WAF. Note the eagle/swastika over M marking.

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ell-navy-clock

Comment

Item no longer in website...SOLD!
                      Last edited by ed flisak; 07-31-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Here is another Kriegsmarine Luger rig just posted on Legacy Collectibles today. The holster has the eagle/swastika over M stamp.

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...ine%20731.html

This will be my last post on this thread since I believe that I have proven that the swastika over M in a circle stamp is not legitimate for a Kriegsmarine holster. There has not been one photo posted or any provenance posted that the swastika over M in a circle is legitimate on a holster from any of the Norwegian members who claim to have a holster/s with this stamp or who have stated emphatically in this thread that this mark is original and authentic.

I'm still waiting for proof that the swastika over M in a circle is a legitimate NAZI Kriegsmarine stamp.

Best Regards to All,

Ed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X