No announcement yet.

Polish k29 Radom rifle 1930

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fantastic find and one of the first made ,congrats to bad abaut the damage but not a big deal.

Comment

The only possible WaA type stamp you will likely find on one of these is on the belly of the stock or occasionally the side of the stock. These were stamped by one of about a half dozen depots who are known to have checked and reissued these rifles. Get a good light and check very carefully the area two inches below and above the serial number on the stock belly. They are usually hard to read and sometimes lightly stamped and hard to see. For me it’s of little consequence as this rifle was German reissued and needs no mark to prove that.

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments.

I think being all tied up, and next to a Turkish rifle turned off other buyers. I got there about 7:45 am in the morning.

I thought he had two Turkish rifles since both had the straight bolt. I thought the Hungarian rifle was either Italian or Russian at first glance.

I then saw the word Radom, and knew it would be hard to find. I have a few Radom pistols in my collection. I think 2nd and 3rd models. I always wanted the 1st model usually dated 1939 with a Polish eagle.

Both my parents came to the US from Poland, but at different times in the late 1950's.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
          fantastic find and one of the first made ,congrats to bad abaut the damage but not a big deal.
          Those button locks are readily available and interchange with the k98a. It will never be discerned when replaced. The biggest challenge is depressing the strong leaf
          Spring to remove the sight leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
            Those button locks are readily available and interchange with the k98a. It will never be discerned when replaced. The biggest challenge is depressing the strong leaf
            Spring to remove the sight leaf.
            I know a local guy that has lot's of k98 parts. He restores them, and should be able to help me out.. thanks again Robert

Comment

This kind of rifle is a good example of the kind of gun that would be missed at most small or medium gun shows as it would be very hit or miss if a collector who recognized this rifle would be at such a show.

Comment

Very decent Polish model 29 rifle. 1930 was a first official year of production of those rifles at Radom factory. It is also correctly marked K29. Later they changed that designation to wz29.
                Bolt is not original Polish. Probably it is a German replacement and it is serialed in a German style. Poles serialed them on the handle arm, not the root and only in that one location. They were also left in white, not blued like German ones.
                Not all German captured Polish rifles would have weffen Amts, only those which went through repair or refurbishment.
                Nice collectible rifle.

Jack

Comment

Nice find indeed....Wish we had decent flea markets around where I live....Of course with the coronavirus going on, many things are closed down....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
                    Very decent Polish model 29 rifle. 1930 was a first official year of production of those rifles at Radom factory. It is also correctly marked K29. Later they changed that designation to wz29.
                    Bolt is not original Polish. Probably it is a German replacement and it is serialed in a German style. Poles serialed them on the handle arm, not the root and only in that one location. They were also left in white, not blued like German ones.
                    Not all German captured Polish rifles would have weffen Amts, only those which went through repair or refurbishment.
                    Nice collectible rifle.

Jack
                    The standard routine performed by the German depots was to number all major rifle parts, prep the bolt base of any Polish “marks” add full German serial number, remove polish stem number, add German numbers to every bolt part, blue and re-blue entire rifle, add light varnish like stain to wood and add depot mark. Not every Depot probably did all of this exactly the same as not enough examples of these type survive to say 100% but all of those changes from the Polish issue is what makes this one and others German re-issue.

Re

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X