Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish k29 Radom rifle 1930

Hello forum...

I bought this rifle at an flea market yesterday. It appears to be all matching, even the stock and bolt numbers match. It has a Polish eagle on the receiver in two places, and one stamped on the wooden stock.

It came with a rough 43 dated German bayonet (without scabbard)... for $300.

This morning, while taking photos, I popped the site up. Unfortunately, it snapped down, and a small part to adjust the site broke. The small spring fell out when site/lever knob broke. I still have the parts.

It's not a numbered piece, so I would like to fix/replace it. I assume a German k98 part would fix it?

thanks for the help. Robert

Attached Files

Comment

No import marks. excellent bore.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
        Last edited by helmetbuyers; 05-24-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

The sight lock is an easy fix. I would like to see some close ups of the bolt especially how it is numbered. Are the bands have numbered? if so it is a German re-work and should have a Depot Mark on the stock. Either way this is a valuable and desirable rifle, more so with that first year date.

Comment

yes... sight lock. I couldn't think of the word. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
              The sight lock is an easy fix. I would like to see some close ups of the bolt especially how it is numbered. Are the bands have numbered? if so it is a German re-work and should have a Depot Mark on the stock. Either way this is a valuable and desirable rifle, more so with that first year date.
              Hi

here are more photos. thanks Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Excellent, just what I wanted to see. Beautiful condition German processed mod29 with the original German stock finish. Somewhere on the stock should be the small depot stamp, but no question a German capture, finished, parts numbered. Very rare rifle period extremely rare in this condition with that date. You would not want to have to buy it from a dealer who knows these rifles.

Comment

The seller had three military rifles for sale.

They were on a gun rack, and tied up with rope he had to cut to remove. It was sorta difficult to remove and I felt it interfered with people looking at his stuff.

One, was a Turkish mauser with complete bayonet. $300. The other was a Hungarian rifle that said Budapest on the receiver. I went on the net just now... and think it was an M95. That gun was also $300.

The Radom rifle was $350. He had a bandolier with 8mm bullets included, and a sling that looked like from a Russian Mosin Nagant rifle that you see everywhere. I didn't want the ammo, or sling.. and offered $300 for the Radom and he said ok.

When I gave him the cash, he said I can have the other two rifles for $400. I passed. The Hungarian had a few parts that looked chromed for some reason. I was always told Turkish mausers aren't worth much.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                              Excellent, just what I wanted to see. Beautiful condition German processed mod29 with the original German stock finish. Somewhere on the stock should be the small depot stamp, but no question a German capture, finished, parts numbered. Very rare rifle period extremely rare in this condition with that date. You would not want to have to buy it from a dealer who knows these rifles.
                              Thanks for the help.

I usually see waffant stamps on captured guns? I couldn't find any on this one. Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X