can you please vet this one
    thank you
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Original Wustoff Rohm dagger.
        The blade looks like it perhaps been sharpened and then vigorously cleaned. Exhibits a edge nick. Not a prime example for a 'Partial Rohm' IMO.

Wait for other comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
          ... Original Wustoff Rohm dagger. The blade looks like it perhaps been sharpened and then vigorously cleaned. Exhibits a edge nick. Not a prime example for a 'Partial Rohm' IMO. ...
          +1

Except that „Anton Wingen“ is the maker
          Last edited by ivbaust; 08-15-2018, 01:33 AM.

Comment

As Serge noted, this blade "Exhibits a edge nick." This is the more interesting since the nick only seems to appear on the blade's reverse -- the side with the inscription -- but the obverse does not seem to show this nick, which obviously goes completely through the blade...from the reverse side??!

Br. James

Comment

I can easily see the nick on the obverse side, its above the first letter l on Ulles.

Russ.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're seeing, Russ -- the edge nick I'm talking about can only be seen on the photos provided of the reverse side of the blade, below the last letter of the inscription's second word -- "In herzlicher kameradschaft." At least, with my eyes! The obverse side of the blade -- with the SA Motto "Alles für Deutschland" -- shows no sign of this nick.

Br. James

Comment

Guys thank you for deep vetting
                  I will post better pic soon
                  Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                    I'm not sure what you're seeing, Russ -- the edge nick I'm talking about can only be seen on the photos provided of the reverse side of the blade, below the last letter of the inscription's second word -- "In herzlicher kameradschaft." At least, with my eyes! The obverse side of the blade -- with the SA Motto "Alles für Deutschland" -- shows no sign of this nick.

Br. James
                    Hope this helps
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                      ......................... The blade looks like it perhaps been sharpened and then vigorously cleaned. Exhibits a edge nick. Not a prime example for a 'Partial Rohm' IMO.

Wait for other comments.
                      What Serge said. To which I would add a poor IMO mouthpiece to lower grip crossguard/ fitting, seeing on one side what looks like a large air gap. Damage or wear (?) to one side of the eagle's wings that seems to have not affected the wood grip itself etc.

While others may see it differently it's not one that I personally would be happy with. FP

Comment

Thanks very much, Gary...these OLD eyes...!!

Br. James

Comment

ty guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X