Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello all,
                  may I ask you for your opinion on this dagger? It looks quite promising to me, but I am far from beying expert on Rohm SA´s....

Thank you very much for any input
                  Attached Files

Comment

To me, a real SA with a fake inscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bologna View Post
                      To me, a real SA with a fake inscription.

Tony, I didn't know you were this good. You should post more often.

Oh yes, I agree with Tony. That one a 'bummer'.
                      But please no details for fakers - they watch and improve.

Regards,
                      Serge

Comment

Yes Serge,but in the meantime it is not helping ignorant like me to avoid to be f....d by a faker,me i was not seeing anything wrong with that signature.Just my 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe Gérard View Post
                          Yes Serge,but in the meantime it is not helping ignorant like me to avoid to be f....d by a faker,me i was not seeing anything wrong with that signature.Just my 2cents.
                          The same here but I respect the point of view from Serge. I guess if someone will buy a real Röhm dagger he has to do that with the help of a trusted dealer with the right to return it when experts in the field say "NO". I think it is almost impossible to buy such a piece safely from an average fellow collector or on a local gun show unless you are a real expert in these daggers.

A few years back I witnessed such a transaction on a local show here in Belgium. A full Röhm for only 1000 Dollar. That's another way to say f**k me I beg for it!
                          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe Gérard View Post

Yes, That is the frustration we find ourselves in. You help one collector, and show them the details, the fakers them improve product, and defraud many more.

However, I would look at closely at the 'Ernst Rohm' part or the dedication, and compare each letter. I wonder if that's the area Tony also sees ?

The fakers have improved their fakes. They now acid etch, as laser etching was disclosed eight years ago by Czech product.

There are many variations of these fakes, it takes a long time to study them. Also different Rohm makers such as a Eickhorn and E-pack, have very slight minute variations that are known to the experienced collectors.

The Rule #1 to study is in the details. Where is the money ? In the dedication. And in the details is where the Devil hides.

"I guess if someone will buy a real Röhm dagger he has to do that with the help of a trusted dealer with the right to return it when experts in the field say "NO". I think it is almost impossible to buy such a piece safely from an average fellow collector or on a local gun show unless you are a real expert in these daggers."

Wim, That is good advice. Generally speaking these Rohm daggers are getting very hard to photo appraise. So, I don't like to do it anymore expect for the very obvious. There are real good fakes of these out there now.
                            Also, don't take one persons opinion, see what others say. I could be wrong, but this one is not a Rohm dagger for my collection.
                            However, the dagger initself is a period Eickhorn product.

Best of Research,
                            Serge
                            Last edited by Serge M.; 06-04-2017, 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

There are indeed a couple of concerns with this blade.

But we need to see a complete , straight view of both sides of the blade without reflections in order to judge the Röhm inscription.

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X