Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this 1st model Luft dagger look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on all the earlier, the handlewire insert point is not visuable as like on this one.

Comment

I've handled reproduction Holler 1st mods. I've noticed the repro piece was of the alum type and also noticed that the scabbard fitting screws were not screws at all. They had screw heads, but were smooth alum and they were inserted through the fittings/leather into the scabbard. The leather was also not the typcial Morrocan blue, it was considerably lighter in color. This dagger scares me as the MM looks alot like the MM that was found on the reproduction piece i'm describing.

Just my $.02 from my own experience

Comment

I'd want to see a good clear pic of the MM before I would by it, that mark looks awfully crude for a Holler mark. JMO

Fritziii

Comment

I'm in agreement here also. the MM is way too thick. Holler TM are usually very fine lined.

Tony
          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

I've had one that looked a lot like this, and it was a fake. The Holler mark was crude, the grip wire enters through holes, the blade looks chromed and the scabbard screws are more like rivets, also the links on the chain are not soldered closed. The gilt on mine also looked like bright gold translucent paint.

Red

Comment

One thing is for sure, his dagger is bad. a very poor trademak, bad leather with a visable hole on the grip, and the fools gold on the swaz's. would not spent a dime o this one, only as a nice picker for the weeds in the garden.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X