1939 SA By Gustav C. Spitzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 SA By Gustav C. Spitzer

Hi guys, I have had this SA dagger in my collection for sometime. Long ago I was told that, quote "Interesting 1939 date beneath the RZM number which technically this Producer did not date their Mid to late Period SA daggers...yet they did date their 1938 and 39 SS daggers. No other period documentation supports the 1939 date..yet obscure daggers do surface. The etch process on the other hand..does exhibit what is commonly seen on some early SA and SS daggers. Interesting to see this 1939". Could anyone tell anything about this?, regards, Juan
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any comments please?

Comment

No comments about my dagger?

Comment

Dagger scabbard looks like early solid nickle type - with anodized "paint". (maybe is replaced?)
            I now that some SS dagger produced by C. Gustav Spitzer Solingen has year in style like your - "39".

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Thanks for your input, great to know that you confirm that with the year style number, very happy to have this special dagger, regards, Juan
              Originally posted by Schlange View Post
              Dagger scabbard looks like early solid nickle type - with anodized "paint". (maybe is replaced?)
              I now that some SS dagger produced by C. Gustav Spitzer Solingen has year in style like your - "39".

Schlange

Comment

Any more opinions please?

Comment

Scabbard is from the early Nickel period, while dagger fitting zink plate, are correct for late period.

Dagger is original, however a mismatch with scabbard.

-wagner-

Comment

I agree with Wagner...but it's a very nice fit!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for your great input, does the 39 year below make it somehow rare?, regards, Juan

Comment

IMO no, only year of production - 1939.

Schlange

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

By any chance, do you have any pictures with the same blade as mine that you could post?
                            Originally posted by Schlange View Post
                            IMO no, only year of production - 1939.

Schlange

Comment

Is it absolutely not correct that there is only one year of SA production by Gustav C. Spitzer. I really wonder where some people, who post here, get their information? Maybe they are just guessing?

See hereunder another, but later production SA dagger by Spitzer.

Your 1939 RZM dagger has a mix of earlier and of later features:

- early: the anodized scabbard with solid fittings, the silver grip eagle.
                              - later: the zinc-alloy plated grip guards

As all the parts fit well and as the patina and the usage appear to match, I believe that this dagger and scabbard always must have been together.

Why would anyone upgrade a RZM dagger with a (rarer and more valuable) anodized scabbard? Or replace the aluminium eagle (or the complete grip) by a silver one? It makes no sense.

Best regards,

Victorman
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X