Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielov View Post
    last photo.....what do you think?
    this photo I uploaded for mistake, Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      The serial number is under rust, possible there is 4 digit visible, should be 6 place digit,certainly the bayonet should be cleaned softly on crossguard and pommel, question is the locking nut in pommel is functionally ? the last picture is of german S84/98nA also different bayonet. it depends on price, polish unreworked bayonets are higher as german S84/98 of WW2, the condition of blade is good when not heavy sharpened, but handle is rusted, nice is the remain of origin green paint on scabbard. b.r.Andy
      Thank You Andy !

Comment

The serial number is under rust, possible there is 4 digit visible, should be 6 place digit,certainly the bayonet should be cleaned softly on crossguard and pommel, question is the locking nut in pommel is functionally ? the last picture is of german S84/98nA also different bayonet. it depends on price, polish unreworked bayonets are higher as german S84/98 of WW2, the condition of blade is good when not heavy sharpened, but handle is rusted, nice is the remain of origin green paint on scabbard. b.r.Andy
        I manage to buy it. 360 USD......

Comment

more

If You don't mind I would like to show You more better quality photos of this bayonet which arrived 3 days ago. It is possible that oil/grease could preserved this blade so well? I was told - This bayonet was kept in basement for ages. Was wrapped in some clothes. I decided to clean the oil and I put the special wax on the blade.
          Thank You for Your opinion.
          Attached Files

Comment

If You don't mind I would like to show You more better quality photos of this bayonet which arrived 3 days ago. It is possible that oil/grease could preserved this blade so well? I was told - This bayonet was kept in basement for ages. Was wrapped in some clothes. I decided to clean the oil and I put a special wax on the blade.
            more
            Attached Files

Comment

If You don't mind I would like to show You more better quality photos of this bayonet which arrived 3 days ago. It is possible that oil/grease could preserved this blade so well? I was told - This bayonet was kept in basement for ages. Was wrapped in some clothes. I decided to clean the oil and I put the special wax on the blade.
              more
              Attached Files

Comment

It could be there was not serial number, replacement piece or depot? normally on the guard should be serial number. Yes oil and scabbard preserved the blade. b.r.Andy

Comment

It could be there was not serial number, replacement piece or depot? normally on the guard should be serial number. Yes oil and scabbard preserved the blade. b.r.Andy

The number on the guard is present, hardly seen but I can read only 3 numbers from 6.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X