Perkun wz 29 polish bayonet (Mauser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perkun wz 29 polish bayonet (Mauser)

I don't know if there is a good place to post photos of polish bayonet 1929 ,but I have hope someone will tell me if that item is original or not.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by danielov View Post
    I don't know if here is a good place to post photos of polish bayonet (1929) but I have hope that someone will tell me if that item is original or not.
    more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like origin complete, Wz.29 polish bayonet made by Perkun.b.r.Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
        It looks like origin complete, Wz.29 polish bayonet made by Perkun.b.r.Andy
        Thanks,

I think so. I am thinking of buying it but unfortunately the prices are much higher than german K98 ....
        Last edited by danielov; 10-07-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks,

I think so. I am thinking of buying it but unfortunately the prices are much higher than german K98 ....
          yes i think its cost more as not so many are made vs .Germans bayos ,i like this one looks like a decent original not played with

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
            yes i think its cost more as not so many are made vs .Germans bayos ,i like this one looks like a decent original not played with
            Thank You HAF. I will try to win the auction.

Comment

Original Polish Perkun made model wz28 bayonet. Other pre war maker was Radom. This one is early to mid production wz28. It has smaller wooden grips that were used with flash guard. Flash guard was typically used on model 24. Early models 28 still had it and later it was eliminated. Later they used larger grips. There should be serial number on the crossguard.
              This bayonet has original Polish issue scabbard with some paint remining. They are often found in German scabbards, so that's a plus.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
                Original Polish Perkun made model wz28 bayonet. Other pre war maker was Radom. This one is early to mid production wz28. It has smaller wooden grips that were used with flash guard. Flash guard was typically used on model 24. Early models 28 still had it and later it was eliminated. Later they used larger grips. There should be serial number on the crossguard.
                This bayonet has original Polish issue scabbard with some paint remining. They are often found in German scabbards, so that's a plus.

Jack
                I am impressed of Your knowledge. Thank You Jack.

Comment

www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lakesidetrader View Post
                    nice ,but its a german rework ,not so valueable as original Polish bayonet as shown here

Comment

On fourth picture is clear visible the piece has not a flashguard so a designation is Wz.29 not Wz.28, from destine the period of production we should see the serial number on crossguard.b.r.Andy
                      PS the picture of Wz.24 reworked by germans and in germans frog is from other modell and inside of german S84/98 scabbard.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                        On fourth picture is clear visible the piece has not a flashguard so a designation is Wz.29 not Wz.28, from destine the period of production we should see the serial number on crossguard.b.r.Andy
                        PS the picture of Wz.24 reworked by germans and in germans frog is from other modell and inside of german S84/98 scabbard.
                        the problem is there is no serial number on the crossguard and on the scabbard or might be not visible on photos. The seller is out of his home and can't give me the answer. Should I take a risk of buying it? What do You think?
                        Last edited by danielov; 10-08-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

the problem is there is no serial number on the crossguard and on the scabbard or might be not visible on photos. The seller is out of his home and can't give me the answer. Should I take a risk of buying it? What do You think?
                          I am attaching two more photos. I have no idea if there is any serial number as should be. Should i take a risk?
                          Attached Files

Comment

last

I am attaching two more photos. I have no idea if there is any serial number as should be. Should i take a risk?
                            last photo.....what do you think?
                            Attached Files

Comment

The serial number is under rust, possible there is 4 digit visible, should be 6 place digit,certainly the bayonet should be cleaned softly on crossguard and pommel, question is the locking nut in pommel is functionally ? the last picture is of german S84/98nA also different bayonet. it depends on price, polish unreworked bayonets are higher as german S84/98 of WW2, the condition of blade is good when not heavy sharpened, but handle is rusted, nice is the remain of origin green paint on scabbard. b.r.Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X