No announcement yet.

8Tung - Fantasy HJ-RPT knife on eStand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These "rare" knives keep turning up. That box must have been brought in on a forklift or ocean cargo container because there always seems to be a few making the rounds. If there were some in "deteriorated" condition where are they? If the mint examples are priced in the 1000 usd range it seems for a "relic" example it could sell for half which is still a decent amount of money. The blue and green diamond examples sold as originals? The so called "D.J." knives that there has been not one example of period documentation for, no advertisements, catalog pages, regulations, photos, nothing? Just the hearsay of certain sellers of these things? Rubbish. Glad to see the buyer was refunded and hopefully he will be more cautious in the future.

Comment

Seems all the dealers that sell these things believe in the Tom Johnson story !!

A carton of these were found in the mid nineties when the wall came down in East Germany then appeared at a German Show from a dodgey dealer type , some were rusted beyond saving but Mr Johnson bought the good ones & sold them on to other dealers, thats your evidence of origionality guys !!

Geez i need a drink,

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
        Seems all the dealers that sell these things believe in the Tom Johnson story !!

A carton of these were found in the mid nineties when the wall came down in East Germany then appeared at a German Show from a dodgey dealer type , some were rusted beyond saving but Mr Johnson bought the good ones & sold them on to other dealers, thats your evidence of origionality guys !!

Geez i need a drink,
        That might be his "story" that keeps getting passed along by various dealers as supposedly some sort of proof - while some might be shelf worn from being dragged from show to show virtually all the ones I’ve seen were never ever used irrespective of which manufacturing batch they came from early or late.

I also seem to recall seeing a more detailed story about these petite little aluminum hilted knives with the grip emblems when they first appeared: Discovered at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin in a broom closet located behind the women’s restroom. They were actually made for the female Hitler Youth that were going to participate in the 1936 Olympic games. But tragically, there was a plumbing problem that caused the commodes to overflow flooding both rooms. Damaging some of the knives so that none of them were awarded - that being the explanation that was offered back then.

As for TMJ’s expertise on Hj knives, while I think much of his earliest works were a step in the right direction, some outright fakes and really bad information got past him and was published. For example he thinks (or thought) that it was OK for Hitler Youth knives to have Waffenamts on them . As both pictured and written about in one of his books that was supposed to be a guide for collectors. FP

Comment

I wanna see a well worn example thats been played with or thrown at a tree, or maybe one with scratched up scabbard paint or a chipped diamond, sharpened blade, come on lets see some

Was there any other full unopened cartons found over the years

Comment

I wanna see a well worn example thats been played with or thrown at a tree, or maybe one with scratched up scabbard paint or a chipped diamond, sharpened blade, come on lets see some

Was there any other full unopened cartons found over the years
            No, there was just the one carton. But what the “true believers” would do at night is put the carton in a dark closet with some ‘fertilizer’ (money from their customers) and they would multiply like mushrooms. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
              No, there was just the one carton. But what the “true believers” would do at night is put the carton in a dark closet with some ‘fertilizer’ (money from their customers) and they would multiply like mushrooms. FP

Thought as much

Comment

And all cames down to the good old statement "You buy the object never the story!" and if a object doesn´t stay for themselve and need a story it is very often a problem with it. I saw a lot of this phantasy products for big money at dealer websides and from "collectors" which are very proud to own one. The problem is they often spend a lot of money on this crap instead of literature which would save them their money and if you tell them what they own they wouldn´t believe you and the dagger/knife is in a collection as original until they find someone who buy from them and the story starts again.

Comment

The House of Swords sold these In the 80's or 90's all old timers remember his "fakes" he sold. Before he was murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    The House of Swords sold these In the 80's or 90's all old timers remember his "fakes" he sold. Before he was murdered.

Did House of Swords sell Bogus DJ knifes also ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      lol

Comment

He really was murdered by his grandson who looted and burned the old 2 story wooden house

Comment

Did House of Swords sell Bogus DJ knifes also ??
                          Yes, see post 43 ↓↓↓
                          http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f31...02/index5.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post

Thanks, do you think HOS altered these small knifes by drilling the scabbards to fit hj diamonds then renaming them as DJ KNIFES ?

Comment

Thanks, do you think HOS altered these small knifes by drilling the scabbards to fit hj diamonds then renaming them as DJ KNIFES ?
                              The images on posts 43 and 50 (on the linked forum) only show knives without insignia from House of Swords, although in their descriptions it says HJ, DJ, and BDM too... says that they were "carried by BDM gilrs"

I think the bastardization comes from dealers around the world, with the insignia sometimes on the scabbard, sometimes on the grip, and still with no insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett

I think the bastardization comes from dealers around the world, with the insignia sometimes on the scabbard, sometimes on the grip, and still with no insignia.

I agree, all for the love of money & screwing innocent collectors out there hard earned wages & these sly ignorant dealers are still getting away with it now as some people believe in there crap stories, also there is some out there that want the DJ knife to be genuine as well so they can sell them on one day, seems there still waiting on photo evidence

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X