Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M36 chained dagger

Any thoughts about this dagger are welcome,
    for example about type and fabrication period.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

ddccc
    Attached Files

Comment

cerr
      Attached Files

Comment

edfzezf
        Attached Files

Comment

zsxw
          Attached Files

Comment

ccv
            Attached Files

Comment

ccc
              Attached Files

Comment

Could use better pics, but the first thing I notice is the SA cross guard? Could be a replacement or someone messed with it. Looks like there are remnants of laquer on the scabbard which is nice to see...Jeff
                Last edited by Jeff Nichols; 09-08-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Not the best of images, but from what I see it's a fake. With the only remaining question for me being how much of it postwar recycled parts or new? FP

Comment

I agree with fp

Comment

Thank you guys

Comment

I have no problem with this dagger. Seems like a nice Type B2 chained dagger.
                        With Carl Eickhorn characteristics. Nickle plated fitting as it should with Type B2's.

Question,... are the crossguards and chain magnetic?

There are more chained daggers known with lower crossguards that have SA markings. If you look around a bit on the internet and other fora, you'll find them.

Imo, a very nice later type SS chained dagger!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Nichols View Post
                          Could use better pics, but the first thing I notice is the SA cross guard? Could be a replacement or someone messed with it. Looks like there are remnants of laquer on the scabbard which is nice to see...Jeff
                          No replacement Jeff. And no messing around from someone.
                          Chained SS daggers are known of to have SA marked lower crossguards...
                          This ain't a fake dagger imo...

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                            No replacement Jeff. And no messing around from someone.
                            This ain't a fake dagger imo...

I'm gonna correct myself here,... I don't mean that Chained SS daggers 'always' have SA markings on the lower crossguards but it is seen from time to time on them...!

Comment

Looks buffed, reworked, cleaned up and had some rust issues at some point IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X