No announcement yet.

My heer dolch,,,is all ok? HÖLLER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The early ones were marked Solingen until 1980 when the Solingen chamber of commerce forced them to stop using "Solingen" and they changed it to Berlin.John

Comment

Originally posted by Manalishi View Post
      I have nothing to do with the site but you can get a 360 degree view of the dagger by rotating the mouse wheel. Now that is pretty cool.
      You would not believe what a pain in the proverbial it was to set that up. 32 individual frames per dagger, constant light and one nudge of the tripod threw the whole set out of alignment. .

Unfortunately the thread starter dagger does look like a repro, one glimpse of either end of the grip or the blade tang will confirm. On a plus point, it is one of the most convincing repro's you will come across........

Hope you can get your money back.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Originally posted by collecter View Post
        The early ones were marked Solingen until 1980 when the Solingen chamber of commerce forced them to stop using "Solingen" and they changed it to Berlin.John

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your time. This one will go back to me and I certainly learned something here!

Comment

Dagger

Two other points of this type fake are the "swirl" effect seen in the scabbard pebbling and the scabbard tip is a separate piece from the rest of the scabbard. Both these can be seen in the photos shown.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X