No announcement yet.

Voos trademark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always looked at this certain trademark (first one) with some reservation. But I do have two other ones in my files (both with yellow grip) which have, as the one showed here, a very consistent patination or wearing traces and configuration so I personally tend to think it is a period trademark.
    Greetings, daggers.

Comment

The one I had with this MM was definately postwar.

Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by daggers View Post
        I have always looked at this certain trademark (first one) with some reservation. But I do have two other ones in my files (both with yellow grip) which have, as the one showed here, a very consistent patination or wearing traces and configuration so I personally tend to think it is a period trademark.
        Greetings, daggers.
        This is getting interesting Daggers would you mind posting some pictures of the two Voos in your files. I would like to see what hilt fittings and scabbards the blades are mounted to. The one Dr. posted looks like Horster hilt fittings?

Comment

Ok, I have it in my hands now and I can add a few more detailed photos.
          Hilt looks like Eickhorn production.
          I will be grateful for all the suggestions.

Jakub
          Attached Files

Comment

next
            Attached Files

Comment

next photos
              Attached Files

Comment

last
                Attached Files

Comment

Is the blade nickel plated ? Can we see a top shot of how the tang fits the crossguard also one flush side screw or two?
                  Last edited by WW2-Collector; 10-20-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
                    Is the blade nickel plated ? Can we see a top shot of how the tang fits the crossguard also one flush side screw or two?
                    The blade looks nickel plated(or polished?). Both sides identical flush side screws. I do not want to disassemble it again but the blade tang fits the hilt perfectly and the connection is patinated.

Jakub

Comment

HHMM.. with better pics this on is starting to look more "cobbled up", Alcoso guard and Horster pommel.. nice hand worked scabbard that could have passed for Voos but in light of the mix and match hilt.. Kevin.

Comment

I’m honestly on the fence I like the position of the maker mark on the blade I like the fact it’s a nickel plated blade if it’s not that would be the kiss of death for me. I also like the fact it has the flush mount screws all of these are voos traits. I don’t see any glaring issues on the tang from the pictures provided threads seem a bit long but not a deal breaker. Like Kevin I am having reservations with the hilt fitting combination. I would like anyone to post this maker mark on a period dagger of any type if they have one? Jon would love to get your take on the dagger

Comment

That’s also an interesting drop forgers mark on the tang – can’t say its one I am familer with? Anyone else seen it?

Comment

The fit looks good and we KNOW company often bought parts from others and this is seen in Tom Johnson's files. I am leaning towards good on this one.

Comment

The blade is not plated..

Henrik

Comment

I like the maker mark on this one.

Can't say much about the fittings, etc., but the maker mark is one that I would love to have if it ever showed up on a Luft2.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X