No announcement yet.

Himmler SS Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the photos, its a good dagger, but for a Himmler the condition is a problem as most are in super condition. Lesser condition Himmler's are a alow seller as most on the market are in super condition.

Comment

Thanks Ron

Thanks Ron,

Is the value more than $6000.00 which my buddy paid for it?

Thanks,
      Bob

Comment

He's safe.

Comment

Thanks

Ron,

Many thanks for your input. He does not want to sell it, but just wanted to know if he had made a fair deal with the veterans family and not paid too much.

Thanks again,
          Bob

Comment

All things considered, I think 6k is a fair price albeit no deal. The blade tip is more problematic than the grip to me. But the capture paper helps is cool. I've seen daggers like this sell for 10k or so

Comment

Capture papers never really impressed me unless they were to guns with serials....a german dress knife could be anything in the dagger world from bayonets to hunting cutlass

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
                Capture papers never really impressed me unless they were to guns with serials....a german dress knife could be anything in the dagger world from bayonets to hunting cutlass
                True, they don't necessarily add a huge amount of value, but always a plus to me.

Too bad it doesn't refer to the himmler inscription, although this is the type of description normally found on these documents.

Comment

Speaking of Himmler does any SS collectors out

Know about this paperweight, or ever seen one before please? Hi, this "disk" shapped item is bakkelite I believe and the EXACT look as a Officers SS belt buckle with a really nice Deaths head on it. The eagle is in gold and I KNOW Himmler was the ONLY ONE ALLOWED to have a gold Officers SS buckle. But anyway I bought this item and it came with a ton of interest of ALL the other gun show dealers because a lot of them told me the old Vet displayed this paperweight and said he had personally taken it from Wewelsburg castle in 1944 from H. Himmlers desk along with his REALLY nice gold party eagle (exact same one from photos I've seen where old Himmler wore it on a black dress suit when out of uniform. Supposedly dealers all saw capture papers at one time, but Grampa died and grandson who sold me the piece is looking for papers. See what you think? Ever seen something like this before. Thank you see photos. Rick So many of the older guys have been trying to get these 2 pieces, swear the old vet had papers linking him, his unit, the items, all came from this WeWelsburg Castle SS headquarters and occult location. Told Grandson to find bring back paperwork and I'd give him 200 bucks and very important to keep them together. The thing that REAlly MAKES ME THINK THIS IS 100% true, is that I have never saw a line of dealers coming over to my table and grumbling about how long they have been trying to buy these pieces from vet while he was alive. now Grandson inherites them and walks up to my table (I'm in front last time) tells me the story of origin and leaves to try and find capture papers meeting w/me on 10-26 hopfully will find them. Numerous dealers trying to lowball offer me over and over all day trying to buy this and the eagle Which is RZMed and numbered very Jeweler quality. The ONLY TIME I ever SAW anything that looked like this was my friend Scott who does own one of Hitlers small inkwells and it's very documented. But It has this ODD color scheme just like this Himmler Hockey Puck as I'm calling it to describe the size. It is just SO DETAILED and identical to the Officers Belt Buckle but in Gold as you can see on picture and H. Himmler AGAIN was only one allowed by order of Hitler authorized to use GOLD on a officers buckle or representation of one. Don't know why but I found that 411 all over the net. Any suggestions or have you ever seen one. If so call or text or email me @ 504-274-8666 or nolaceasar@hotmail.com PLEASE? Thank you http://USER-OKJ\Users\Customer\Pictures\ssbuckle2jpg
                  Last edited by Ceasarion; 10-18-2014, 10:40 AM. Reason: No picture

Comment

Was it necessary to disassemble to prove authenticity? An assumption that this was sort of a parts piece? I agree that most come nice so might as well buy a nice one, but $6000 is a tempting price.

Comment

You could sell that dagger all day long for 6k.

Comment

Tough to find an original Himmler sub 10K . I think a great investment , congratulations . IMO there is a substantial group of SS dagger collectors looking for a dagger in this condition not willing to pay 18K for a cream puff . As Ron stated these are usually in excellent condition so not something that comes up alot . Of course this is JMO .

Comment

Himmler SS Dagger

Here is the rest of the story. My buddy who buys and sells militaria, places ads in newspapers, or any other way to buy directly from the vet or family. Anyway about three years ago Mrs. Osborne called him about this dagger and said she wanted to sell it which her husband had brought back from WWII. She knew nothing about the value or the dagger, so he went to look at it and told her it was a fairly rare SS Dagger and asked her what she wanted for it. She said she would get back to him in about two weeks. Well two weeks turned into two years and she passed on and left it to her nephew who took it apart (we speculate to make sure it was original). He called wanting to sell it for $10000.00 dollars since he went on the internet and others were selling for much more. Same old story. My buddy said he thought it was not worth that with the chipped grip and had been taken apart. He offered $6000.00 since he probably would resell it one day and try to make a profit, and after some time passed the nephew took the offer. Since then he decided to keep it since this was probably a once in a lifetime deal even in this condition. He is not a member of this forum and neither one of us knows much about SS Daggers much less about the Himmler except they are faked a lot. We asked others and in our area and everyone said it looked OK to them with the same comments which have been posted. I told him I would post it here for review because people would give their honest opinion good or bad, which has been the case and maybe a value which has been done. Many thanks again for all who have commented.

Bob

Comment

Pretty bold move, laying out 6 $g's knowing there are alot of fakes yet not knowing how to tell if its fake or not.

Comment

I agree with you but it was from the vets widow so he assumed it was OK since it did not look like it had been messed with and had the capture papers. He has bought from others who were not the vet or family of the vet and has been burned. Since then he only buys from the veterans or direct descendants. He thought he was doing the vets widow a favor by not trying to take advantage of her. Little did he know she would die and the nephew would inherit it. Then the internet took over.

Comment

Not to be Argumentative but Just because she was old and She had Papers allegedly to the piece does not make a Piece Real....

In This case your friend got VERY lucky and its legit..There was always a chance of the the Ladys Husband may have been to the SOS or the Gunshow circuit and put a Faker together in the 80's...

I have had TONS of old farts tell me stuff was Legit when in fact its Totally Bogus.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X