No announcement yet.

Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer's dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only just noticed this thread - did anyone find out what the asking price was on this dagger ??

I might be wrong but isn't this the dagger that was at the centre of a lot of controversy on Germandaggers.com a number of years ago ?? I tried to find the discussion but it seems to have disappeared like a lot of other interesting threads...? Either this piece or a very similar example was unearthed at one of the MAX shows about 8 years back by Craig Gottlieb as I recall ?

Comment

Originally posted by JONATHAN View Post
      Only just noticed this thread - did anyone find out what the asking price was on this dagger ??

I might be wrong but isn't this the dagger that was at the centre of a lot of controversy on Germandaggers.com a number of years ago ?? I tried to find the discussion but it seems to have disappeared like a lot of other interesting threads...? Either this piece or a very similar example was unearthed at one of the MAX shows about 8 years back by Craig Gottlieb as I recall ?
      The item you are referring was the Luftwaffen-Sword by Schnaufer.

Comment

Hi Tommy, no that was another dodgy item and I remember the story on that well!!! There was definitely a story about a first lift dedicated to a Diamonds recipient

Comment

You are both sort of right in some respects, with the thread titled as I recall something like “RK Winner”, and the named sword (which according to the documentation had once belonged to a now deceased friend of mine) that was presented to Luftwaffe Oberst (later a General) Adolf Wolf. Which then directly and indirectly led to the Schnaufer dagger, and later multiple “Hühnlein", and DAF/NSBO (SA Birdshead) discussions. FP

Comment

Those were some spirited discussions, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
              Those were some spirited discussions, to say the least.
              Yes they were, and that is a very diplomatic way of stating how some of them evolved. It’s really too bad IMO that many of them disappeared into cyberspace because of computer problems, with especially some of the less controversial ones now apparently accepted at face value. Fred

Comment

I agree Fred. Some of those GD discussions of yore were fascinating, particularly if the individuals were able to confine the comments about the items in question. Don't get me wrong, some of the hijinks were most entertaining but as a casual observed & person always looking to learn, I always wanted to hear how or why a particular item was or wasn't what it purported to be. The shame of it all is that those GD software issues lost quite a number of older & IMHO, very valuable threads posted by experienced members.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X