Rare Maker SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
    If the dagger were listed on the e-stand it would matter if the blade description was not included. But its posted as a show item so there is no need to write a detailed description, and I am sure a buyer would recognize a sharpened blade as an end user. Who cares? its a rare maker that would garner a premium for an edged weapon collector that does SS types. It gets to a point where its not worth showing anything or risk getting beat on. I am sure the owner would no doubt write this up in a detailed sale ad from the pommel nut to the blade tip should he list it for sale. ;0)
    It seems some people cannot leave it at that.If you review the threads I am sure you will see my point.I am sure more remarks will continue tomorrow but not from me because it bores me now.

Comment

Originally posted by DR DOLCH View Post
      It seems some people cannot leave it at that.If you review the threads I am sure you will see my point.I am sure more remarks will continue tomorrow but not from me because it bores me now.
      I do not want to bore you and cannot say I have a dog in the fight and I think I am just looking at the obvious. The dagger is up for show and the thread states just that. I'm with you and I do not like sharpened daggers but its not a sale piece, its a rare maker. 7 years ago a Puma SS which I know exists and have seen several appeared on another forum and looked like it was run down by a truck and people were interested, I don't even know of this dagger and your crapping on it. Do what you want, I just think this is a shining example of why not to post your item on a forum whether you be a collector or a seller. I don't know what threads I am supposed to be looking at and my secret decoder ring is lost, so all I have is this thread so if you want to point me to something other than this feel free.

Comment

Moving away from the handbag fight...your ASSO dagger is very nice JR and I personally really like the hanger that's with it. I would describe this maker as rare but not super rare - I've had 3 and still have 2. Will try and send pics of them when I have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by DR DOLCH View Post
          Here is a dagger I own that I think there is only one more in the world (It's the orange colored handle).
          Hello Doc'

Here is an orange grip shooter by Alcoso. Not too many of these around, I think. The late Dr Julian Milestone had an orange grip Alcoso in his great collection, a presentation piece as I remember it. Is your cutlass Alcoso? These orange grips are solid and do not suffer from cracking as do the standard white celluloid covering over a wood former does.
          To stay on thread, I have had just one SS-M33 by Schuttlehoffer - so congrats to JR on turning one up from the woodwork.
          Attached Files

Comment

JR beautiful and rare piece would be happy to have that in my collection. Here’s a quote a gentleman made to me on another forum and I thought it was quite fitting.
            First History, than condition we aren’t stamp collectors
            We would like to have both but that doesn’t always happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
              JR beautiful and rare piece . ....
              First History, than condition we aren’t stamp collectors
              You are right! I own two with a sharpened blade,but i like them and collect them as they come (out of the weeds).

Comment

Once again, wanted to thank you guys for the kind words on this dagger. Additionally, here is a page out of Ralf's book showing near enough to the same type of hanger being utilized. There is no way that these hangers will slip on or off the scabbard. The soldier would have had to to go to a leather shop, and have it sewn in place on the scabbard.
                Attached Files

Comment

a7b
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
                    Once again, wanted to thank you guys for the kind words on this dagger. Additionally, here is a page out of Ralf's book showing near enough to the same type of hanger being utilized. There is no way that these hangers will slip on or off the scabbard. The soldier would have had to to go to a leather shop, and have it sewn in place on the scabbard.
                    Excellent!

Comment

JR,

that hanger has been on there forever Bro

Comment

I have also seen such hanger mounted on a SS E.Pack piece!

Comment

That's right, Sam had one!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X