Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys on the comments.

I am still working on it.

I have the money ready... but the guy didnt show up today. I have his contact info and will try tomorrow. Robert

Comment

Heck with that SS grab the GO !!

Comment

The SS is a 'as issued' Mod. 33. All nickel fittings, but NO district stamp on crossguard. Blade is a no maker, as issued on Mod. 36's.
        Just like 777's example, a interesting variant. I had one just like it from a veteran source.

The G.O. looks period. However, I have never seen the Eickhorn logo so far down the blade. (Only means..that I haven't seen it -so means nothing). I would like to examine the G.O. 'in-hand' also the hanger. The portappe might be a repro, but perhaps not.
        This could be a very early production dagger.

Anyone else care to comment further?

-wagner-

Comment

It maybe an unmarked crossguard, but until we get better pics I see something that could be an "I" distribution mark. As I stated, better pics might reveal a nick instead of a distribution mark on the crossguard, but until then it is there...

Comment

Skyline, Very observant of you. You are correct.
            One will find a nick in that location where there is usually a district I, II, or III stamped. If you take a loupe to it, it will be useless, as no letter or number can be made out - but a squiggle nick of some sort is there on this very unusual and not well understood variant SS mod.-33 dagger with a mod.36 style blade.

-wagner-
            Last edited by Serge M.; 12-08-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier on the G.O Eickhorn logo location on the blade, here is the usual place where it's found on G.O.'s

wagner

Comment

I still can't see it. We'll wait until he bought it,but it's for sure unmarked.

Comment

Something new from the past?

Originally posted by wags View Post
                  Skyline, Very observant of you. You are correct.
                  One will find a nick in that location where there is usually a district I, II, or III stamped. If you take a loupe to it, it will be useless, as no letter or number can be made out - but a squiggle nick of some sort is there on this very unusual and not well understood variant SS mod.-33 dagger with a mod.36 style blade.

-wagner-
                  Interesting. What you are talking about, sounds familiar. The mark is certainly an odd-shaped [if I recall, like a small, stylized "m" or "s" maybe?] impression in the crossguard . . . almost like an accidental [but deep for accidental!] dent or ding, and introduced on an angle - not directly struck into the cg. I may have had one of these daggers years ago, and often wondered if the mark was intentionally placed. I will say this - the mark on mine was not on the center of the cg - it was more off to the right side of the spine on the blade. In this photo, it appears to me this blade has a [similar?] mark in about the same location. Curious. Let's see if better photos turn up . . .
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 12-08-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X