No announcement yet.

Need help with 2nd Model Luftwaffe Voos etched Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Larry.This is one dagger that needs a hands on inspection.I like the way it looks but,I'm still a novice at etched blades.

Ray

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Apparently this dagger is something akin to the Mueller family mantle, so he is unwilling to allow me to ship it off for hands on inspection for fear of it being lost in transit or damaged.I continue to be suspicious of this dagger. The dagger itself appears to be good, the blade, however, concerns me. I'm also curious as to how/why a WW II German Army enlisted veteran is in possession of a Luftwaffe Officers dagger and when he hands it down to another family member he makes a big presentation. It obviously meant something to him and, unfortunately, he is no longer around for me to ask.
      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

I can understand not wanting to send a dager through the mail.Maybe one day they will let you take it to a major show like the MAX or SOS.Also this dagger was not only for officers but also for flight crew. Pilots weren't always officers in the Luftwaffe,as was the case for U.S. pilots,but could be NCO's.Officer candidates were also alowed to were a dagger.

Ray

Comment

Ray, you're right - I knew that but I guess I just didn't articulate it very well. That's what I get for trying to hurry my way through the forum before I go to work......
          AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Reproduction E.P. & S. Luftwaffe

Daggers with engraved blades with no oakleaves below the eagle and with this wording by Pack were manufactured in the early 1970s and are reproductions. The hangers in the picture are also reproductions of this period. Most of these daggers DO have good fittings, but some do not. Originating in England, these were well accepted and went into many US collections before the truth came out. Too bad, but the blades were among the best reproductions ever in existance. Pack was the most common TM and, unfortunately, Pack is not known to have produced a standard pattern engraved piece.
            Ron Weinand
            Weinand Militaria

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X