Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MatthewJ View Post
    The saga continues.
    I don't think the saga continues... the one posted in post #1 is in my mind undoubtedly a reproduction...

Comment

The saga continues

Like I said...the saga continues

Comment

I pulled one of these out of the woodwork some 25 years ago. They are crudely made out of metal including the grip and come with no scabbard. The grip eagle and runes button are very lightly "etched" for lack of a better word.

I sent photos to Tom Johnson at the time and he told me that most people considered them to be post war including himself until an executive gave him one on one of his visits to a former TR dagger manufacturer.

Tom politely told the executive that these were post war in his opinion. The executive replied that this was strange since that one had been in his desk since before the war ended. Tom then considered them to be pre 1945.

Tom Wittman has one of mine pictured in his SS dagger book.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Bernie!

As I said before....the saga continues....
          regardless of the mini SS Dagger that I posted, people are way too quick to render something...fake..post war..garbage..."a toy".....one person in particular comes to mind but we should remain open minded in our hobby. You never know what happened 70 years ago. I try and drain my Grandfather for all his info daily and there are still things he confirms that people continue to dismiss on here.

Comment

I agree that these are reproduction items. The more an more I see them and look. I have 7 mini dagger . 2 heer , 1 1st model railway , 1 2nd model luft with portapee ,1 1st model luft , 1RAD leaders , and finally 1 hunting association dagger. These were salesman examples and they look identical to the larger brothers. Just as the mini awards , they are constructed with the exact same precision and attention to detail as the larger counterparts. So if these minis are lacking the detail , they are indeed fake. And if someone’s is using the story such as “they were made for toys” is BS. Just a selling point. If they were made , they were for salesmen. Anyone who has experience with SS daggers and so fourth will be able to confirm that these minis are authentic as they will look identical. Again , I will use my mini Knights cross button hole as an example. The details are exactly the same as a large award. Just as mini dagger will be.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X