• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a nice photo of early Motor SA members
    Attached Files

Comment

HJ Knife in Combat

Found this one in pack of veteran's photos at a flea market. Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
      Attached Files

Comment

This rare Marine SA photo with detailed view on the dagger and the triple hanger is currently offered on German ebay. The auction ends tonight and the highest bid is over $100 already

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....:B:WNA:DE:1123
        Attached Files

Comment

Lutze Dagger with "bands" on grip.

To RevYJ

Regards the Luce photo you show, showing the Lutze FHH dagger with "bands" on the grip - this is actually the portepee knot which Lutze sometimes wore on the dagger. The base of the knot (the "acorn") features a prominent SA sig-rune emblem.

The reason for the knot is not known, and there was no place to accommodate it in the presentation case in which the dagger was presented; and it wasn't contained in the separate case for the straps which accompanied the piece.

I know all this, because I used to have that dagger years ago, and there was no trace of any knot for the piece.

FJS

Comment

Originally posted by F. J. Stephens View Post
            To RevYJ

Regards the Luce photo you show, showing the Lutze FHH dagger with "bands" on the grip - this is actually the portepee knot which Lutze sometimes wore on the dagger. The base of the knot (the "acorn") features a prominent SA sig-rune emblem.

The reason for the knot is not known, and there was no place to accommodate it in the presentation case in which the dagger was presented; and it wasn't contained in the separate case for the straps which accompanied the piece.

I know all this, because I used to have that dagger years ago, and there was no trace of any knot for the piece.

FJS

Thank you Mr. Stephens! I don't believe that I ever saw a photo of this type dagger with a portepee so it never crossed my mind. I suppose Lutze could wear his dagger anyway he pleased.
            Attached Files

Comment

Couple more.
              Attached Files

Comment

superb thread, I love quality pic's such as these

Comment

Great thread, thanks for taking the time to post these wonderful pictures

Comment

Its a pleasure to study all the great photos fellows....Here is a color photo of Dönitz with Göring and Keitel...

Sam,
                    Attached Files

Comment

More children.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some more Motor SA men
                        Attached Files

Comment

Chained NSKK dagger at a ski contest ... unfortunately a blurry snapshot
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X