Pics of daggers in wear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nakida View Post
    Great and interesting photos Ivbaust my friend! Many thanks for showing!

Sam,
    Your welcome, Sam. Great idea to start such a threat. Maybe it´s pinned and we can add more photos of daggers in wear, whenever interesting ones show up. Such photos are a great source for research

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
      Your welcome, Sam. Great idea to start such a threat. Maybe it´s pinned and we can add more photos of daggers in wear, whenever interesting ones show up. Such photos are a great source for research
      I agree my friend, I would love to see this thread growing with loads of dagger in wear photos and as You said, those photos are for sure a great source for research and study.....keep em coming fellows

Sam,

Comment

This one I´ve bought on German ebay a while ago.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great photo Ivbaust, here are some more from my books.

Sam,
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Several months later the identical photo was offered again on German ebay ... and again as an original photo It was a different seller, but it was somehow strange. I bought the second photo as well and ... both sellers accidentally lived in a very same small village

After doing some research in a German military forum, it was obvious that both photos are copies of two well-known fakers. The photo paper was bad, the stamp "Agfa Brovira" was bad, etc.

After some email conversation I finally got my money back
              Attached Files

Comment

Several months later the identical photo was offered again on German ebay ... and again as an original photo It was a different seller, but it was somehow strange. I bought the second photo as well and ... both sellers accidentally lived in a very same small village

After doing some research in a German military forum, it was obvious that both photos are copies of two well-known fakers. The photo paper was bad, the stamp "Agfa Brovira" was bad, etc.

That image has been around for decades. I have a publication printed in the 70s with the exact same photo.

I have quite a few pictures in my collection of daggers in wear. I'll see if I can't get around to scanning and posting some later today.

Comment

Those fakers are sneaking around all over trying to fool collectors for the bucks I guess u where lucky to get your money back my friend

Comment

Originally posted by RevYJ View Post
                    That image has been around for decades. I have a publication printed in the 70s with the exact same photo.

I have quite a few pictures in my collection of daggers in wear. I'll see if I can't get around to scanning and posting some later today.
                    Would love to see your dagger in wear pics
                    Sam,

Comment

RAD leaders and EM daggers in wear.

Heres one pic out of three I bought some time ago. Sorry but I had to use my camera to take the pics as my scanner is broken. Posted a close up too.

regards John
                      Attached Files

Comment

RAD leaders and EM daggers in wear.

Next up from the same batch of photos.

regards John
                        Attached Files

Comment

RAD em dagger

The enlisted mans dagger in wear.

r John
                          Attached Files

Comment

DLV Fliegermesser

Picked this one up too some time ago. Its a pity about the two brown spots but the picture is very sharp. If my scanner was working it would do the photo more justice.

regards John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Land customs

A picture of the land customs dagger in wear by a veteran.
                              He has a nice medal bar too, which looks like it includes a 25 year service medal, ek2 ww1?, I think Baltic cross? Wound badge etc.

r John
                              Attached Files

Comment

Kriegsmarine dagger

This is my only photo of a navy officer with his dagger.
                                I thought I would post this photo up too as it shows a really good detail of the portepee tied around the hilt etc. This is in postcard format.

Also, I think this is a really good idea for a thread. Thanks for starting this up.
                                regards John
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X