No announcement yet.

dagger prices and young collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i just started collecting as well, so there is a new growth of fresh collectors I Guess..

Im from Dutchyland and just bought my first early Chained ss dagger yesterday. high prices yes, but i think prices will steadily grow over the years.

Comment

I personally think that there allways will be a demand for edged weapons. Just look at prices that are paid for medi-eval swords. Just about a year ago a Feldhernhalle dagger with hangers was sold for € 75.000,- (about $ 100.000) + 23% fee at Hermann Historica.

What I believe is that the type of collectors will change. There will be less collectors that own several hundreds of daggers. It also won't be a "working class" hobby in the future IMO.

I myself am one of the younger collectors and I am fully aware of the fact that there are quite a few types of daggers that I will never be able to buy, just because of the insane prices. That's why I have focussed on just a few types that are still affordable. I do have a Teno Leader though but that was pure luck. I only paid € 1350 euro for it.

Danny

Comment

Ah..More dutch collectors..

Comment

stradale.......my thoughts exactly........green paper could never replace what you have there........wonderful personal group

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X