Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-

Comment

This exact etch is shown on page 211 of reproduction recognition by fred stephens. Closer inspection of the entire piece would be in order. good luck, Bret

Comment

Can anyone scan that pic?

Thank you Brett!

I'd love to see what you are talking about... Is there any way you can take a picture or scan so I can show this to the owner?

I am taking this piece off the Estand. Me thinks this may be an original blade that someone has tried to enhance. Honestly, the grip and pommel are top notch, early pieces as you can see.

Well this has been a crash course in daggers 101 for me. I asked for opinions on GD site and it was met with, shall we say, a less than enthusiastic response. I have been non stop reviewing as much info as I can get my hands on. Frankly, I don't know how you dagger guys do it. Especially with daggers that can be assembled.

It's a shame someone took a good honest piece and either assembled or tried to enhance it. In my opinion, it degrades the piece, even though the base item may be genuine. I hope the guy who originally bought this blade didn't get rooked. I will be putting up 2 naval daggers and a luft dagger 2nd model. Hopefully these will be met with better response. From the looks of them, they are legit pieces.

Thanks to everyone who took time out to help!

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X