Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denny:

I think that your sequence is correct.

The second TM, the one with Paul Weyersberg in oval, seems to be the one that is used mostly on bayonets. I haven't seen the one of the sword within wreath on a bayonet, only on daggers. Fisher does state that this second TM has been found on a Navy dagger. It also seems to me, based on the pictures that I have seen, that there are two versions of this mark, a rounder shorter oval and an elongated oval.

The TM with the sword within wreath is seen on later daggers, like the Luft2.

John

Comment

Denny,

Thanks for the kind words. I believe your sequence is correct as well. My experience with bayonets bearing this mark is that they generally are made of excellent materials however I guess not all the time. I do remember having a Postschutz bayonet before the one I have now that has some plate loss. I always chalked it up to poor conservation rather than poor materials but I suppose both could be true. Whatever the case, the Weyersberg mark in an ellipse tends to be rather scarce on any type of bayonet hilt.

PS, LOVE that Paweco!

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, for confirming my opinion. Billy regarding the quality question, I am in agreement with you in it being more a question of how the piece has been cared for these last 70 years than the initial workmanship.

Comment

Markets In Everything- Toys NOT Made In China

“In 2007, we walked through the toy department of big box retailers and could not find a toy produced outside of China. Gone were the wooden blocks, dolls and wooden trains we played with as children. These RC Toys were replaced with cheap plastic toys that had character ties to movies and cereals. We then turned to the Internet and were frustrated by the lack of alternatives and lack of country of origin information. We experienced first hand the frustration and angst associated with taking away our child’s favorite toy that was recalled and we routinely threw away RTF RC Helicopters within a few days or weeks of purchase due to poor quality. These experiences led to the development of NMCtoys.com.NONE of theRC Monster Truckfound in NMCtoys.com are Made in China. When it comes to our own home we choose to keep Chinese Made Toys out of our childrens’ hands.”

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X