WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Story time' - More cool SS stuff bought from a veternas son.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryant U. View Post
    We've all heard or read about Panzer crewman and even purportedly Reichsbahn workers being executed because they were thought to be members of the SS due to their dark colored uniforms. .

-Bryant
    This was confirmed to me by my father about 40 years ago.
    Ralph.

Comment

I've heard all these stories also. Gramps was always a fighter pilot or tank commander, and every single one of them was there on D Day. Funny how they never had any cooks, mechanics, or truck drivers in the service back then.

But hey, these guys saved the world in their day so I don't have any problem with a little embellishment of the story. They're not hurting anyone so just let it go.

Comment

Hi,
        Is this a typical US thing embellising stories? this never happens in the good old UK in fact in all the years buying from vets iv'e never heard a tall story? most of them never say were it came from or can't remember only one i thought was a bit tall was that he had got the items from the Reich Chancellry and then produced a photo of him there.
        Any way nice items for a song.
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by edbullet View Post
          what kind of gun was it a glock?
          Not sure if serious... The Glock came out in 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by RevYJ View Post
            I've heard all these stories also. Gramps was always a fighter pilot or tank commander, and every single one of them was there on D Day. Funny how they never had any cooks, mechanics, or truck drivers in the service back then.

But hey, these guys saved the world in their day so I don't have any problem with a little embellishment of the story. They're not hurting anyone so just let it go.
            If this was in any way directed towards me, my father was a loader in a panther and later a tiger in the 16th Panzer Div. He survived Russia and later being a POW. He did not talk much aboout the war, but told me one time that if you lost your tank, you disposed of your black wrapper and found something else to wear to avoid being shot on sight. He was approximately 43 when he told me this, so I trust his memory. You can read about him here if you like.
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=Documentation
            Ralph.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X