EBAY DAGGS - policy change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daggers

Hi you might get away with it if you dont list it in the international market . they told me it was fine but dont list it international as some countrys dont allow the swastika .so when i list it now i only sell in he USA .Its not fool proof but it works most of the time.

Comment

I tried with navy dagger and they just took it off it made it 2 days. I took pommel off and then took the pics of the dagger. I had to try.
      But I think the main reason got kicked off is because I did not take an offer, so they reported me, hoping I will contact them back.
      So it is still hard to sell anything WWII German on eBay.

Comment

I have bid on 4-5 buckles, insignia ect. and they have all been cancelled. I think the holiday break is over.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
          I have bid on 4-5 buckles, insignia ect. and they have all been cancelled. I think the holiday break is over.
          we had to try

Comment

i just put an hj knife on,its a grewiso. i think the best way to try it is to sell it with an asking price with a best offer option. set your prefferences to automaticly accept the ammount you will settle with and automaticaly refuse.that way if your not at the computer it will do it for you.well see if it works? i have gotten away with selling other reich items before but i used a buy it now option in a 1 day auction. you dont get the exposure but sometimes it works out because as alot of collectors check frequently as i do for specific pieces to buy.

Comment

You are partially correct von shock. Since in the best [worse?] of circumstances, it takes ebay nearly a full 24 hours to investigate and pull an auction, you have time to openly try to sell it, either through a buy it now, best offer or email offer, before its pulled.
              The only caveat to this method is that once you get caught, they will screen your listings in German WW2 categories before the auction is even published, then you can't get away with it.
              I have long ago been blacklisted, if I run any auctions in the German militaria section, they take at least 12 hours or so to become visible.

Still possible to skirt the ban using photo editing software with some items, if your photo editing skills are good enough.
              Won't work with anything well known like an iron cross or SA dagger, but some of the more obscure medals, hiding the Swaz works just fine, and most potential buyers read the situation correctly.

Comment

james there is sort of a way around the german listing thing. what you do is list in a catagory other than german ww2. like pre 1970 manufacture edged weapon! then no immediate red flag. i got away with selling a 121/34 ss a few years ago even after they pulled it twice. i emailed them and explaind that it was devoid of any hateful markings. what i did was since the handle had previously been removed, i took it off and flipped it over for the pic so both sides were nice black ebony with no photo shopping,then i used microsoft paint and blew the image of the blade way up so i could cover the ss and rzm with photo sections of the blank blade.it looked perfect with the crossgraining.after that i sent the pics to ebay and viola....3 days later i sold my complete ss dagger to a happy customer. if you list anything under ww2 germany 1939-45 i think its an automatic review thing. best wishes
                mark

Comment

if any forum member purchases either the dagger or grenade shipping will be free to anywhere in the us.including canada unless shipping is to much to there
                  best wishes
                  m.shock

heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
                  Last edited by von shock; 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by von shock View Post
                    james there is sort of a way around the german listing thing. what you do is list in a catagory other than german ww2. like pre 1970 manufacture edged weapon! then no immediate red flag. i got away with selling a 121/34 ss a few years ago even after they pulled it twice. i emailed them and explaind that it was devoid of any hateful markings. what i did was since the handle had previously been removed, i took it off and flipped it over for the pic so both sides were nice black ebony with no photo shopping,then i used microsoft paint and blew the image of the blade way up so i could cover the ss and rzm with photo sections of the blank blade.it looked perfect with the crossgraining.after that i sent the pics to ebay and viola....3 days later i sold my complete ss dagger to a happy customer. if you list anything under ww2 germany 1939-45 i think its an automatic review thing. best wishes
                    mark
                    Anything German militaria is flagged for me.
                    Maybe I could list something under antique toothpicks, but there comes a point when pic alterations, alternative categories, non descriptive descriptions, short auction durations ect will pretty much wipe out exposure ,, Though an SS dagger will always get attention.
                    I don't sell enough TR to think much about it, probably been over a year since I have tried any shenanigans.
                    My best success was a common, cheap MaiDai tinnie, I simply cloned the 36 in the 1936 date into the wreath which contains the Swaz.
                    Nicely done, it sailed right by ebay censors.
                    I expected maybe $25 or so, 3 guys got into a bidding war and it sold for $90.
                    Before I sent it I emailed the guy with the correct pics, and told him the date in the wreath was my doing ,, I thought maybe these guys thought it was an error tinnie or something.
                    He says yep, I figured that, good job, I look forward to receiving it !

Comment

I just got an offer for Navy dagger for 300 shipping included
                      He said he is a dealer so he can only sell it for 400 so he has to make some profit.
                      He is probably one of the guys who gets you stuff kicked off ebay and then send you a lowball offer like this.

Comment

your right,but people like that figure if they score once or twice they are ahead of the game. i thought about that before i listed mine. i used to put a line in my description stating "no deals would be made outside of ebay" that weeds out some of them.this time i just put an asking price with a best offer option.i figure i have until sometime tomorow before it either sells or gets booted. so well see what happens. it doesnt just happen with tr items though. i just sold a very rare muscle car part a short while ago and had a guy willing to do me a favor and take it off my hands for about half what it sold for before the auction ended. if i would have bitten he would have made out pretty well,but i knew what it was worth and wasnt in a hurry to sell. i bet it happens on a much bigger scale than we may realize.best wishes
                        m.shock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X