Interesting Bayonet, unusual markings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uberman View Post
    After a quick spray of gun oil on the scabbard to clean off the rust and gunk in the tip, it DOES now look like a early German proof. I still don't see it a a waffen, but an earlier proof.

Possibly reworked/recaptured from German to Polish back to German? I don't recall seeing blued Polish bayos.

Either way, the frog is definitely German that was on it. Remove it or keep it on? it's not correct to the bayo as an early German or Polish, so I'm thinking it goes.

And thanks everyone for the advice and opinions!
    Germans captured this bayonet and used it, like they used Yugoslavian bayonets. There is a high % that this is how it was worn in the war. I would keep the frog on it. Just my two cents, see what other people say.

Comment

Its very nice piece, the polish Wz.24 early production was reworked by germans, post 1939, the scabbard is of navy unit from Ostsee area, should be matched with origin bayonet. best regards,Andy
      As the frog is too KM marked, the scabbard is correct in frog probably since war.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
        As the frog is too KM marked, the scabbard is correct in frog probably since war.
        Not seeing the KM mark Andy, where is it on the frog?

I think I need new glasses.

Comment

On the backside, near the right upper rivet is partly visible the Eagle/HK M proof, very weakly, its upside down stamped.

Comment

Ahhh yes, I see it now. Thank you for pointing that out!

A polish bayonet reissued to KM. Wow. Very cool.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X