No announcement yet.

NSKK With Hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many different materials and styles ,shapes,were used on the eagle.This eagle appears to be aluminum which is correct for a RZM dagger but not all RZM daggers used aluminum some had nickel silver,some were plated copper.

Comment

Congrats: A very nice and all good wkc, here

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
        Don,

Will have to let the experts advise us on the finer points.

This one was a direct veteran acquisition, so would have to believe that this is the way the dagger was produced.

Best way for me to judge is to look at the hundreds of SA and SS daggers posted on this forum for comparison.

Best regards,

Found an old photo of the Veteran's Group acquired in 1976 that contained this dagger.......

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Another Veteran acquisition in 1981..............
          Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

I love these groupings
            Your dagger is issue free of course; very popular RZM producer, but the condition is really great and this is what matters most with late daggers. The eagle is just as standard aluminium insert. Depending on the insignia manufacturer, that was a subcontractor, the little details can be different on this or that dagger. There are interesting analysis of grip eagles in edged weapons reference books, no need to gather big collection to study different kind of inserts.

Comment

Thank You!
              RonR

Comment

Love the NSKK and your grouping pics are great! Man,I bet the pickings were good in the 70's!! I was just a kid then. Would you say the price has really went up alot since then,of course it has but I mean compared to your income and what people made back then? In the 70's what would you have payed for a single nice early SA?? Kevin.

Comment

Very nice piece RonR... I have the same maker which is bagged, tagged and unissued and appears to be identical to yours, looks untouched to me.

Red

Comment

Originally posted by heers68 View Post
                    Love the NSKK and your grouping pics are great! Man,I bet the pickings were good in the 70's!! I was just a kid then. Would you say the price has really went up alot since then,of course it has but I mean compared to your income and what people made back then? In the 70's what would you have payed for a single nice early SA?? Kevin.
                    Kevin,

Since daggers have never been my main focus, I have not followed the market pricing.

However, I would say that they have pretty much kept up with the income levels through the years and have not exploded and surpassed the ratio as say, helmets have.

Value though, as you know, is generally determined by condition, and blades in excellent condition will always bring top prices.

Here for your reference are a couple of old sale lists.

One from 1966, and the other, ten years later in 1976, so you can see the difference in 10 years.

Perhaps one of our members whose focus is edged weapons can add some insight.

Here is the ad from 1966..............

Attached Files
                    RonR

Comment

And here is the ad from 1976.............

Attached Files
                      RonR

Comment

SS dagger $75? One hundred pieces, please

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X