No announcement yet.

Help needed with price for my Transitional Eickhorn SA w/hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help so far guys and girls!! Also nice to see a fellow lady on here, I don't post much just read so I don't really get to know a lot of people on here!!

Any more opinions gratefully received!!

Comment

I think Larry is about right at $1K if you're including the bag. Transitionals would generally be worth more than a straight RZM piece in my humble opinion. RZMs are generally poorly constructed from poor parts & they show their age much worse than maker marked pieces or early transitionals. I know a few collectors who specifically collect transitionals because they're a little unusual & in fact rarer than either maker marked pieces or RZMs & can often show signs of good construction.

Comment

Is it the angle and/or lighting, or is the scabbard missing some paint?

If not, the value might be a bit more given the dual TM and overall condition - maybe as much as $1,200.00

Best,
        Skip

Comment

Sadly, You rarely ever get five out of five. A transitional Eickhorn with nickel fittings in that condition makes for a very desirable dagger. But why does the enamel have to be chipped!

Including the dagger bag, I agree with Skip's estimate at $1200.

You could shoot for that amount, but the Max is right around the corner. People tend to white knuckle their money before the MAX.

Good luck ..

Mike W.

Comment

Thanks again for all your help guys!!

Comment

I agree with $1,000 low, $1,200 high - Perhaps a bit more.
              You would need to post better & more comprehensive pics in any sales attempt.
              No one likes surprises when it comes to something like this, and all of its virtues, as well as flaws, needs to be highlighted 100%.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X