VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSKK Leader dagger, SS Officer Sword,Daggers REAL???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Sword

I was at the auction in Brevard, NC when the fake sword sold for $700. It was resold for parts to another collector the next week so he could use the scabbard for his Police sword. There was also a fake SS ring sold there.

So, I can tell you this, Z19 is 100% wrong. Z19 stood at the auction in Fletcher questioning out loud the authenticity of many items including the helmets consigned by Ken. Too what purpose, as he didn't bid on either of Ken's lids.

I personally know Daryl Bagwell and he is a life long collector. He is very honest in what he is trying to accomplish in his business. He does due diligence in researching the items he accepts on consignment or takes in from estates. Look at the number and quality of photos he takes. Last October he sold about 100 items that came from a supply sergeant with bring back documentation. There were still questions as to the authenticity of some items. He continues to have collectors from across the world contact him about consigning items, yet he is very careful in what he presents for sale.

Seven collectors/experts will have seven opinions. This is a great website once you sort through the egos.

Comment

So... was the chain on the NSKK dagger good or bad ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tombak View Post
        So... was the chain on the NSKK dagger good or bad ?
        100% Fake.

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
          100% Fake.

-wagner-
          Well that's what I thought and I don't know that much about the chains. If this auctioneer is going to such depths to sell good militaria... how did this chain slip through??

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Smith View Post
            I just read this thread about the auction in Fletcher , NC ..The SS Officers sword was a fantastic early model with correct early SS Sword tassel . Sold at auction for 9000 plus 10% buyers premium ..total 9900 . In its fine condition more than likely worth a little more in its fine condition . Was a screamer of a SS officer sword ..You seldom see great examples like that very often and some big boy dealers were after it .

The SS sword someone spoke of that sold 30 miles from it some months ago was indeed a fake ..Nothing like this killer sword .. A real text book example of a early silver model SS Officer sword for what that is worth . That little auction in Fletcher is working real hard to have nothing but good stuff. Brent Smith
            Thanks for the report Brent .Do you know is there a maker on this nice sword?

Comment

thats stupid....why pay more for items because your at a "private" auction

Comment

SS Officers Sword

The early SS Officers sword was a no maker marked blade as most are no maker marked examples. A real text book example . Thumbs up on that sword .

Comment

NSKK Dagger

Dagger was real. Scabbord was real. Chain was later Atwood. When this item was presented for auction it was described as an original later Atwood chain not original to the scabbord. The dagger and scabbord were also fully described and disclosed.

When items are sold at auction they bring market value for that item on that day at that auction. It is not stupid to pay a premium price for a premium piece at auction or from an individual if you want that item.

The SS sword is an absoultely stunning piece and well worth the price paid.

My opinion is worth exaclty what I charge for it...nothing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X