Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSKK Leader dagger, SS Officer Sword,Daggers REAL???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Leader dagger, SS Officer Sword,Daggers REAL???

http://www.bagwellauctions.com/index.asp

NSKK Leader dagger, SS Officer Sword,Daggers REAL??? being offered at auction July 12...are these correct as far as images show?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ed Hicks; 07-08-2009, 08:46 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

w
        Attached Files

Comment

The chain on the NSKK is NG. It & the center band are added to an otherwise OK dagger. The SS sword has possibilities, but without seeing more of it, it's a tough call. Do you know the maker of the sword? With 13 sections on the grip, I would avoid it. Also, I don't like what I see of the SS grip insert. The pommel cap coloring appears to be plated while the other parts of the hilt appear to be nickel-silver. My call would be, it's an original sword, with a replaced pommel cap, with a junk grip & insert. BTW, Manions was selling 13 section grips, without wire or insert, awhile ago. This may be one of them.
          Last edited by Peter Costabile; 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

This auction has a pile of daggers...real mixed bag and some very good helmets and visors, but I don't believe they have a guarantee...good to check out though...July 12 auction in North Carolina

Comment

I saw that the other night...Quite a bit of good stuff with klinkers in the Mix.Portepee looks legit,sword may be police rework.

Comment

The SS Degen is about this pics 100% a real one and in good shape.There are nothing wrong with the ss medaillon and nothing wrong with the winding sections.I guess it is a "Krebs" pattern,but must see more images.

Comment

SS Sword & Knot

I can tell you this. That sword and knot have been together maybe a month!! The SS sword was bought at an auction about 30 miles from this one maybe 2 months ago, so do not think they came together ... because they did not!! I know this because I was at that auction and I know what the sword sold for there. It will be real interesting to see what it sells for this time ....with the knot in tow.

THE SS SWORD SOLD SUNDAY WAS INDEEED A VERY NICE ORIGINAL. AFTER I LOOKED AT IT SUNDAY IN PERSON I KNEW IT WAS NOT THE SAME ONE SOLD A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. MY MISTAKE.
                  Last edited by Z19; 07-14-2009, 08:01 AM.

Comment

what do you guys think about the SS visor eagle and skull that they are offering ?

Comment

Anyone know how much the ss degen went for?

Comment

So it seems that the natural progression for the degen is to embellish her as she goes along, from one owner to another. So after this auction, I would expect to see her now with the officers SS number stamped into the D-gaurd, when she comes up in Sept. '09. Heck, who knows, after that maybe a Kubelwagen will be included with the degen and sold as an "original grouping".

Comment

Fantastic Early Model SS Officers Sword 100%

I just read this thread about the auction in Fletcher , NC ..The SS Officers sword was a fantastic early model with correct early SS Sword tassel . Sold at auction for 9000 plus 10% buyers premium ..total 9900 . In its fine condition more than likely worth a little more in its fine condition . Was a screamer of a SS officer sword ..You seldom see great examples like that very often and some big boy dealers were after it .

The SS sword someone spoke of that sold 30 miles from it some months ago was indeed a fake ..Nothing like this killer sword .. A real text book example of a early silver model SS Officer sword for what that is worth . That little auction in Fletcher is working real hard to have nothing but good stuff. Brent Smith

Comment

Did you make it to the auction? Was it the same sword?

Comment

Ss officers sword

The SS officers sword sold in the Fletcher , NC auction yesterday was not the same fake SS officers sword sold about 30 miles away some months ago ..This sword yesterday was a real fine untouched example of a early silver model SS officers sword that was a real smoker. I personally saw both pieces . The SS officers sword yesterday was the best piece that was sold at the auction and had some serious phone action before it was sold for the $9900 after 10% was added . Also sold at the same auction was a real nice honest SS M-40 SD helmet that I think sold for 6400 or so . Another great piece that brought some serious money . Brent

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X