demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravity Fliegerkappmesser, collector tread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of mine..

one marked Rostfrei and the other not. The not one is the rarer....

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Kingtiger.

The other with No Rostfrei have Carbon blade

Comment

Smf

Somewhere in somebodys collection is a SMF "personalized" gravity knife.
        On one of the grips my dad carved in the name CROBAK. Now if you have this in your collection, don't get too excited. Dad was an American soldier and this was a captured knife. The blade has been sharpened and retipped. My older brother often took the knife hunting and he like to sharpen it. He also broke the tip and I retipped it. Dad sold it in Western PA in the early 1970's. So if anyone has it, let me know, and I will be glad to buy it back !

Comment

Originally posted by cogwheel View Post
          I had bought the M&A about 18 years ago. For many years no one could tell me who the maker was. Matter of fact, even some of the gravity knife 'experts' had told me that it would most likely be a reproduction as they had never seen anything like that before. Then about 5 years ago someone on GDC (I believe) posted a picture of an M&A which showed a very faint remnant of the M&A TM. The blade on mine has no TM. There are no markings on the spike or anywhere else on that knife.
          I want to add here that this knife is actually of superior quality from an engineering point of view. The single spring is designed to prevent the type of spring failures experienced with the knives of the other makers.
          I'm pretty sure it was me that posted the pics on GDC.
          Some of my collection:

Comment

Hello Bob.

Do u have many Helbig fkm?

Comment

Originally posted by cogwheel View Post
              The chains are not original. I saw a picture in Johnson's dagger books showing the chain. I had all the hardware so I made them.
              I think those chains were not invented for the para knife ..

Jos.

Comment

Hi Keen Collectors.

I find this Url on the net today.

http://starozitnosti.hyperinzerce.cz...k-r-m-nabidka/

With a referece to this tread. That Knife Helbig have nothing to do with my knifes at all.
                I had to point out that for readers.

LH

Comment

LH600, this is a great thread! I will post my early SMF asap.(nothing too exciting after these rare knives!)

WOW! Bob K,that is a massive collection of FKM's!! Could we see some close ups of some of your rare ones and that Malsch & Ambron maker mark?? THANKS Kevin.

Comment

knife

hi,here is mine witch i had to pay someone $50 to get it taken down as it was rusted shut and i did not want to break it and the person if broke it knows how to fix..its all numbers match and in the one picture you can see it taken down as i put some oil on the parts and cleaded it so lightly!everything works great on it and the wood with name does not bother me..

Comment

n

other side ,

Comment

n

here it is when i just got it back from the guy that got it to break down again as the top was rusted on pretty good and if he broke he could fix ,i could not ! iam likeing these and might stop the luft dagger and sword collecting and start looking for these as i used to see these at yard sales all the time just had no clue then! !
                        Last edited by pammy; 08-13-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Nice one

Andy

Comment

b

thanks andy,iam realy starting to like these as i have O.C.D i might end up with a dozen soon..

Comment

My small contribution
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice 777
                                I have some problem with my images in the beginning of the tread.
                                I hope someone can help me to put out the pics again ?

Regards LH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X