Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PARA GRAVITY KNIFE - thoughts please...

hi,

looking for some help here. i am building a small collection of para items and am looking for a reasonably priced gravity knife. would appreciate thoughts on this one or if anyone out there has one for sale ? would have to be uk seller i think for customs. many thanks in advance,

mark
    Attached Files

gravity..

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

gravity..

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

gravity..

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

gravity...

last
          Attached Files

Comment

Would need more photos to give a better opinion. Based on what I see, looks like a well-used original knife that has had the blade polished and been retipped at one time.
            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hello
              I have avoid buying that knife if i was you.

Seen heavy usage and the blade tip is rounded/shorted. The grip is with some scuffs and craks.

Look for a more ex ++ knife for your collection

JR have a nice one for sales on the E stand. I collect the Gravitys too ..great knifes

Comment

Mark

It would be unwise and illegal to import a gravity knife if you live in the UK.

Gravity knives are illegal and it would be seized if detected by HMRC regardless of the historical interest and value.

IMHO - don't chance it - could be a lot of money down the drain.

You do see them on sale on UK militaria dealers website - never cheap of course !

Richie

Comment

If you do decide to have a knife imported in and chance it. If is a take down there are 2 different ways to get it. You buddy gets sent the blade and the rest to you.

Comment

Originally posted by FJ George View Post
                    If you do decide to have a knife imported in and chance it. If is a take down there are 2 different ways to get it. You buddy gets sent the blade and the rest to you.
                    Great idea for importing a "Takedown Gravity" into the UK You got it ......CHEERS SCOTT.
                    Last edited by sweezz; 08-31-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

This knife is a NO takedown. If you take appart , you will destroy the knife.

LH

Comment

para gravity...

many thanks to all for advice. been looking at various sites and there seems to be more gravity knives out there than paratroopers ! (mostly bad of course).

mark

Comment

What a cunning plan - conspiring to import a prohibited weapon.

Love it.

See you in court !!!

Richie

Comment

Is it illegal to own a gravity knife into the England?
                            Back in the 80s when a friend imported a knife to his brother this way.
                            Maybe things have changed. You might want to look in to first.
                            If things have changed I wouldnt recommed you break the law in the importation of a 65 year old antique knife.
                            I m just telling you the way I overheard other guys import things into other countrys over the years.
                            Its stupid and not worth the risk. But people do it.
                            I over heard a guy at SOS once say he wrapped a FG42 with chicken wire and stucco it and made a lamp out it and imported into the US.
                            He has way bigger balls than I have.
                            I ve heard guys talk about importing whole containers with WWII militaria and taking apart items and hiding them threw out the container.
                            What items I dont know as I overheard in passing.
                            I think its crazy but hey these guys thought it was worth the risk I guess?
                            Another person I know had a gravity knife imported from Canada to the US. He declared it as a BOY SCOUT knife. It went threw.

Below quote is why I hate the internet

What a cunning plan - conspiring to import a prohibited weapon.
                            Love it.
                            See you in court !!!
                            Richie

Comment

I called a collecting friend in england and he I have talked about this in the past (25yrs ago). He was friends with the guy who imported the knife in the early 80s.
                              He still is still under the impression that the knife isnt banned. He said he would look into it for me. Maybe you can still import a knife into your country?
                              Maybe a Fallschirmjager reenactor from England would know since they would be carrying one for reenactments?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X