No announcement yet.

Cossack sword with Moisin Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Good info! I am not interested in a Chinese copy, eventhough it might be period made PLA pattern coped after a Soviet one and not a reproduction copy. WIth all the fake samurai swords coming out of China, it might even be the latter...as the bayonet has alphabetical markings as opposed to Chinese characters which you would expect on a genuine PLA piece...
    I was able to retract my bid on it! No harm done!
    Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I just noticed that this seller is also selling Samurai swords...I expect these Soviet sabers to be fake now... (like the swords) The seller actually has another cavalry saber for sale...Same ugly green scabbard, but the pommel looks different... Its fancier in design but looks like a poorly cast copy and also the serial numbering on this piece looks VERY modern and recently done...AND ITS THE SAME NUMBER!!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

serial numbering not as convincing as the sabre that started this thread but as these are coming from the same source, I am now highly suspicious! AS ITS THE SAME NUMBER!!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

last image

Last image! Same puke green scabbard!
          They (the selling party) can stick these where the sun don't shine!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

ANother one

I just found the same one (or its twin???) but now offered directly FROM China (different buyer?)
            AGAIN with the exact same serial number!! Proof that these are garbage! WARNING BUYER BEWARE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-SIGNED-BLAD...:B:SRCH:US:101
            Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2008, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I'm in agreement “Junk is Junk” and Caveat Emptor!!! To add insult to injury the bayonets also are not Soviet, instead being Chinese knock offs. For what it is worth the legitimate copies were better made causing me some “head scratchin” while I tried to figure them out the first time I saw them. FP

Comment

Its visible on the bayonet, its a junk copy, not atachable on a gun, and very different to origin. best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X