X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitlerjugend dagger fake

Hitlerjugend dagger fake

Hello guys,

Some experts told me this is a fake dagger. The stamped MZ is not correct because there is a line present in the Z. The scabbard can be a original.

What I like to know is where these daggers were produced. Do you guys have any idea or seen these daggers before?

Regards,

Grenadier
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grenadier; 04-06-2008, 05:34 PM.

Photo 2

Photo 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Photo 4

Grips
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Grenadier; 04-08-2008, 01:23 PM.

Comment

If that is fake, I better stop collecting because I would buy lots of fakes!

Comment

When i first saw the photo and your description, i thought you were only reffering to the Z in the RZM logo, and not to the RZM code per se. Yes, it is a wrong code because its "MZ/number" and it should be "M7/number", but sorry, i cant give you any other information.

Edit: After doing a quick search in the forum, i came up with this...
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=116111

Hope it helps.
          Last edited by Tiger89; 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I, and a few others believe these to be a legitimate and period variation for this maker. As to why it has been stamped with a 'Z', who knows.

Regards
            Russell
            Last edited by RussellM; 04-06-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I don't know what to think on this one the more I look at it and follow up with various searches and some light research. Certainly has some attributes we'd expect to find on an original knife. Minimally, i'd guess the scabbard is legitimate.

You may want to post it on GD. Russ Neighbors (HJ Mod) has very in depth experince with HJs and might be able to shed more light on it.

T
              Last edited by SwordFish; 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Swordfish, Good Luck finding much of anything left in the GDC archives.

That was quick. You must not have found much.

-wagner-

Comment

The same knife was posted on GDC last year and was passed as period.

Regards
                  Russell

Comment

Perhaps some close comparison with a Fred Herder (m7/49) might give us a better idea if the two are really related and possibly an alterior variant marking.
                    t

Comment

Well guys this is a first for me seeing this Z marked instead of the 7 we are used to seeing. i agree with tom and would like to see a comparison with a fred herder m7/49 to see if both match up ok with each other then maybe i,ll believe its genuine enough i thinkcertainly looks the part........cheers scott.

Comment

HJ Dagger

I would suggest this is a period piece .

To me it looks like the stamping is M7/49 and there is a mark on the blade making it look like MZ/49.

Do you have a close up of the RZM stamp. The rest looks fine IMO.

Simplydaggers

Comment

Very good points guys.
                          I too wonder what Russ N. would say about these...

Comment

50/50

something is niggling me about the hilt.... if you showed me just that i'd say it was post 1945... yes it shows wear and tear but its the shape looks flat and wide like we often see in the post war examples.... could been made 1946 and stored badly, the leather certainly hasnt been loved

Comment

Thanks for the answers fellows!!!!

So it still can be a yes or a no. We will see.
                              I will post a detail pic of the markings within an hour.

Regards,

Grenadier

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X