Early Luft, Find the Flaw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods, please delete my post.

I erased it. It was probably my most unarticulate post I had ever made on any forum. Totally unsatisfactoy on my part. If somebody had read my post they would think I had been sniffing white-out and markers all day. Funny, we don't realise how badly written certain pieces are until we read it ourselvs. Then you think, "wow, I actually wrote that?" Where did I get my college degree? Honorary degree from Darwin University after sending in a check $15 .

T
    Last edited by SwordFish; 03-10-2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Grip wire looks like a redo to me – Klass probably used a few variations but this one doesn’t look quite right to me. Here is the grip of my
      Klaas.

Comment

Wire wrap,

Hi,
        I dont know if that wire is particular to Klaas, I bought this dagger from Paul and he knows his Klaas daggers if the grip was a redone wire job he would have mentioned it like the retip. Ive bought probably 6-8 daggers from Paul all exactly as stated. I cjecked the grips on other Luft 1's I have had or have and noticed most are similar to the one you posted. Would like some feedback on the wire wrap,this is a WKC handle notice wire same as your Klaas.
        cheers robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Wire wrap

this is a Helbig grip.
          Attached Files

Comment

wire wrap

this wrap is different from the others its on a SMF late type Luftwaffe 1st model. Are there a number of wire types used on Luftwaffe 1st models, I cant see them policing the type of wire used but I dont know, do you? would be interested in learning.
            cheers robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Robert - Thanks for the quote. The less you have to say about an item the better.

Age and normal wear are expected and add character to a point. No less original, but a re-tip will always be a re-tip. It still comes down to what you are happy with. It appears as you are gaining experience, your bar for keeping in the collection is getting higher and things that did not bother you before do so know. Some folks this bothers, and some it does not.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X