Early Luft, Find the Flaw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Luft, Find the Flaw.

This is an early Luftwaffe 1st model I have had for some time. A Robert Klaas has one flaw too date I have lived with it. Can you spot it? and would you live with it?
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Early Luft.

handle and crossguard.
    Attached Files

Comment

Early Luft

wire wrap all intact,
      Attached Files

Comment

Early Luft

scabbard, leather still good,
        Attached Files

Comment

Early Luft

the blade
          Attached Files

Comment

Early Luft

makers mark
            Attached Files

Comment

Early Luftwaffe

washer still there.
              Attached Files

Comment

Early Luft

blade again
                Attached Files

Comment

Early Luft

any thoughts as to the dagger, this last photograph should make any problems obvious. An otherwise excellent dagger. Would be curious to know if others would keep this in their collection. I am attached to it I was going to swap it and bought it with that intention but wound up keeping it and passing on a SMF Luftwaffe 1st model which had wear to the scabbard. anyhow
                  cheers Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is it missng the ferrule,the wire looks like the same color of the handle,has it been repointed ?.

Comment

HI Robert,
                      I've got an early nickel-silver Klaas as well. How 'bout that blade buffer. Much much thicker in girth than is mine. Everything else seem ok. It's kind of like the picture hunter game at the bars that you inserta quarter into and have to find out of place items. It's often right under ones nose but just can't see it because we have some sort of mental blinders on. The blade almost sees a bit too short as well. I'm going to venture that the sundiscs are fine.

Tom

Comment

Dr. D, you may be on the money.

I've never removed my ferrule so don't know if it's wood coring underneath that portion of the grip, or a 2nd "integral" type metallic ferrule.

Comment

In the last pic the blade looks short - has it been retipped ?

Comment

i guess this dagger is retipped . Im quite sure........

Comment

early Luft

spot on its a retip, the other points have given me course for concern thanks. The retip didnt worry me at first I compared it to another I had and its about 1/4" off give or take. A retip is like a pimple on your backside you know its there and if you dont dwell on it its okay but once you do it really itches and makes you try to get rid of it. That retip is starting to itch me. I knew when I bought it so no excuses I had other early Lufts and sold them on to keep the Klaas. Cloorado told me buy good daggers with no issues he is right. I have a SA retipped which I wasnt told one from Bill S. Other than that perfect.Are most retips period done or we just tell ourselves that and my other question would you other dagger dudes keep a retip like this in your collection. I paid $750 for it sometime back.
                              cheers Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X