Personalized HJ Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personalized HJ Knife

Except for the obligatory K98 bayonet and an M3 fighting knife, I am not an edged weapon collector. But I've always wanted a HJ knife and this one was offered by Bob Iqbal at Collector to Collector. I thought I'd share it here.

It's made my Puma, and pretty well worn, but everything seems to be solid. It has a name inscribed on the blade, Heinz Diehl 1933. I'd appreciate comments, as I know nothing about these.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Close up of the inscription. Thansk for letting me share.

Best,
            Blair

Comment

I love personalized items. The inscription makes this knife very cool. Back in 93 or so I bought a HJ knife and the diamond was kind of loose. Under the dimond was a very small photo of the HJ boy in uniform. I sold it to a friend of mine but he traded it back to me because he was convinced that it was haunted I gladly got it back but a ripoff artist talked me out of it as partial trade on a SS dagger that turned out to be bad.

Comment

Nice

Looks awesome! Also love these personalized pieces. It just gives it that extra bit that really pleases the eye. Nice catch.

JAN

Comment

Blair its a very interesting early Puma with the hj owners name & date inscribed on the blade & a clear motto.... i think this is a real nice aged collectable peice with tons of character if i had the chance of it i would snap it up without any hesitation ........cheers scott.

Comment

VERY nice find!!!
                    I think its a great piece Congrats.
                    Thanks for sharing.

Comment

nice find, unfortunate the blade is pitted in a few places but the motto and maker look nice. Have you attempted any searching for the name yet? you never know might hit lucky and find some info on the owner

Comment

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
                        nice find, unfortunate the blade is pitted in a few places but the motto and maker look nice. Have you attempted any searching for the name yet? you never know might hit lucky and find some info on the owner
                        Thats a good idea.
                        Here's another tip besides the owners name...
                        If you search that name, it will give you lots of results, but focus on guys who could have been between 14 and 18 years old in 1933 with that name.

Comment

Thanks all for the comments. Yes, the blade is pitted, and there's not much paint left to the scabbard, but I like it!

Could somebody get me going in regards to researching Heinz Diehl? Should I check the volksbund website, and as Tiger89 said, look for those who would've been 14-18 in 1933?

Tiger89, what's that HJ knife database I see in your signature?

Best,
                          Blair

Comment

Could be the photo, but it looks like the hilt is a late zinc based one... Is it magnetic?
                            A late grip with a ricasso-less and mottoed blade would be very strange.
                            I am also not sure about the diamond: it looks like it has a silver edge.

Victorman

Comment

if that dagger. was from 33 it would have a steel handle ect not zinc my amigosand the diamond looks kind of new, not bean on that dagger long

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X