Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rare dress bayonet.. yummy

Hey guys,

Here's a dress bayo I am thinking about buying. Wanted to share it with you. I already have one, stamped Garantie Stahl. What's so special about it? It has the narrow blood groove in a long blade variant. Not a common sight, despite the rather beat up condition.

Here it is: http://www.aukro.cz/item314769635__r...dak.html#photo

Here's a sample photo:

JAN
    Last edited by jancz3rt; 02-23-2008, 05:13 AM.

Heh

Ok won this baby I agree it's not in the best condition but oh well... I love it's uniqueness I will post pics of it as soon as it arrives.

JAN

Comment

Jancz, Nice collection and displayed nicely!! Question, what are the two wood handle knives on the upper shelf?? Thanks - Skid

Comment

Heh

Heya,

Glad you like my small collection. The two wooden-handle knives are privately made for me and my dad. They are about 10 years old, so no WWII stuff Thanks for asking though, they definitely had a huge role in my interest in this stuff.

JAN

Comment

This is from my experence.

Comment

Terry,

I believe you're correct, the only manufacturer I've seen utilize a narrow fuller on a long blade is WKC.

Comment

Heya

Thanks for your info guys. I also have one more, as discussed in the past and it does not look like WKC to me. It's stamped Garantie Stahl.

JAN

Comment

Jan

I have seen the Garantie Stahl and Garantie Solingen dress bayonets and I always assumed they were what they state they are.

Garantie Solingen = guarantee solingen
                Garantie Stahl = guarantee steel

In Fishers guide to trade marks he has these two listed under Peter Altenbach & Shone TM but he also states the the ones marked like above and I quote "Supposition Altenbach". I think Fisher supposes that since the Altenbach TM had Garantie Solingen along with the Altenbach name all bayonets stamped with Garantie are theres. I don't know if Altenbach ever made any dress bayonets.

I think some manufactures made some without there TM but stamped them either Garantie Stahl and Garantie Solingen to give them an added value verses the no trade mark blades that we see. We know that some manufactures would purchase parts from other companys and assemble bayonets in there shop.

I have heard from other collectors that the no TM bayonets and the ones stamped with Garantie Stahl and Garantie Solingen are seconds.

I'm not sure if we will ever know for sure, but its fun to speculate
                Last edited by tlkissinger; 02-25-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot

Hi Terry,

Your help is really appreciated. There is so much we will never know but we can make reasonable assumptions based on the pieces of the puzzle we can put together. I am going to focus on dress bayonets and you are the man when it comes down to these. I will be posting pictures when I get it.

Jan

Comment

Jan

Could you post a photo of your Karl Rob Kaldenbach bayonet. I've never seen one before.

TK

Comment

Here they are

Terry,

That's a HJ knife. Here are the pics: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=230031

Here are some more pics of the Garantie Stahl:

JAN
                      Last edited by jancz3rt; 02-25-2008, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Jan,

Nice addition to your collection

I am just beginning with collecting these babys,and I like it alot.

Congrats with your new bayonet!

Kind regards,Jeremy

Comment

Heh

Yes, it is indeed a good idea to collect these. The prices are still affordable and so many variations, makers (I should not be saying that = more competition ). Anyway, look forward to seeing some more pics very soon.... after my careful cleaning )

JAN

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X