Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ knife - your opinions please

Hello guys,

I am considering buying the following HJ Knife. I am new to HJ knives and would therefore like to ask for your opinion on it. To me, it seems to be fine and I see no red flags. However, there's one thing and that's the rivets (they seem too new and one is slightly different to the other, yet something like that can be seen here on this item on sale by lakesidetrader.com too: http://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/HJ-121d.jpg. I have looked through lakesidetrader's guide to HJ knives.

http://www.aukro.cz/item214755557_pr..._hj.html#photo

Here's are some of the photos from the above link:

JAN
    Last edited by jancz3rt; 07-10-2007, 06:17 PM.

Jan,
    I dont see any red flags either regarding the knife, and yes, its true what you say about rivets, especially in the third photo you posted, the rivets seen from the other side...maybe a clear pic about them could help a bit more, but im not entirely convinced about the leather hanger of the scabbard. Maybe somebody with more experience could tell you more about it.
    Last edited by Tiger89; 07-10-2007, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Posting pic for posterity:

Comment

I agree with tiger. This knife is ok, and I wish I could get a better look at that leather strap. The button closure looks ok, but quite different from the strap. The rivet in the strap looks fishy as well. Any chance on a strap photo?

Comment

Knife is legit. Only question I have regards the blade. Looks a little pollished up. Possibly just the photo. Otherwise, a nice looking RZM HJ example.

I can't speak to the grip plate rivets. They seem OK to me, but one can't be certain till you hold it. Perhaps if they are different, one is a replacement??

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback guys. The seller got back to me and told me that indeed, the leather strap hanger (the long part of it) is most likely a post-war addition. However, the button closure he claims is part of the original. Other than that, he said that the rivets on the grip are both identical and that the photo does not do it justice. What would the value be GIVEN THE LEATHER HANGER is semi-original? I don't wanna over-pay.

JAN
            Last edited by jancz3rt; 07-11-2007, 03:39 AM.

Comment

i would try and go for $180-$200 (tops of $250 if i saw it and really had to have it) you dont want to spend too much as a complete original could be had for the same price with abit of patience.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X