Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hj knife with motto

Hi everyone,
    I am after a hj knife with the motto on the blade, as i had one which i put on the forum and it was found to be a fake. Luckily for me, the dealer took it back no problem and so i never lost any money on the deal.
    What i want to know is, are all knives with the makers marks on the same side as the motto fakes? as i don't want to buy another fake one as i might not be so lucky getting my money back next time.
    I am saving up to hopefully try to pick one up at the war and peace show in july and want to know what to look out for.

many thanks for your time...

regards,
    belinda
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

HJ Dagger

Don't give up.
    You are probably better to buy your first HJ knife from a reputable dealer or look out for one in the For sale section on this site.

I have attached agreat link from Paul Hogle (Lakesidetrader) website which is ideal for somebody like yourself who wishes to learn more about them.

http://www.lakesidetrader.com/HJlesson.html

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
    Ian

Simplydaggers

Comment

there is one known maker that has both rzm and motto on the one side although i cant remember the name... doh iam sure its around somewhere. if your unsure post the pics here before you buy it

Comment

many thanks both of you for your help and info.
        If i buy from the net i will post pictures of it first on here for you all to see as i know that you guys would not want a fellow collector to get stitched up as you know that they are not cheap to buy in the first place.

regards,
        belinda
        sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

Belinda,
          We had a discussion about that here:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=255346

I hope that helps.

Comment

hi santiago,
            thanks for the link. I will go and have a look now.

regards,
            belinda

Comment

Hi Belinda, when i wanted an HJ, that article on the Lakeside trader's website was invaluable. Have 2 knives with motto & both are spot on. Ian is right, with daggers my first examples are always bought off reputable dealers, it's worth that little extra as holding a genuine example really does teach you the most. After owning the first HJ i picked up a second one & knew it was a parts dagger even before i slipped the blade from the scabbard. Since then i have bought one in the wild & it was spot on.
              Good luck & let's see some pics when you get one.
              Ant.

Comment

thanks ant.
                I am jealous big time on you having more than one with the motto on. I think that with what everyone have said, it will pay me to save a little more and get one off a dealer like lakeside trader. I have never bought anything off him before, but all i have heard on the forum is praise and honesty with him. He is a little more expensive, but at least you know that you will be getting the real deal and who knows, if i get one off him i can take it to war and peace and maybe get one there at a knock down price.
                Hope that he gets some in real soon.

regards,
                belinda

Comment

Hi Belinda!
                  A lot of the knives that Paul gets never find their way onto his website, you can e-mail him & let him know that you've been recommended through this Forum & let him know what you're looking for.
                  My favourite dagger dealer is based in the U.K. & would be a bit cheaper than Paul:
                  www.simplydaggers.co.uk
                  Ian is a straigh up guy & i got my first HJ, Army & SS off him. You might have to wait longer than with Paul though for an HJ but you'd probably pay a little less & have simpler payment options & the ease of UK shipping. Again it's best to let Ian know that you're looking for one.
                  Please post pics when you get one.
                  Ant.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X