Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Rohm "Grinder" w/ a little history . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Rohm "Grinder" w/ a little history . . .

Sorry - these are not the best pics ever, but I thought I'd post a few of an SS "Ground" Rohm that I recently had Ross do some resarch on. It seems that the recipient of this Rohm dagger may not have been an Officer, but actually an enlisted man - at least that it what the extent of Ross' research indicates . . .

Hope you enjoy the poor pics!

Brad
    Attached Files

Back side
    Attached Files

Comment

Maker mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Number . . .
        Attached Files

Comment

Inscription remains
          Attached Files

Comment

Ross' research portfolio
            Attached Files

Comment

Ross' intro letter
              Attached Files

Comment

First document
                Attached Files

Comment

And another document
                  Attached Files

Comment

Vary Cool Would like to add one of those to my collection one day.

Comment

Great SS Research....

Another GREAT Research Project by Ross K / ssresearcher!

It really Adds another dimension, when you get to know something about the SS Mann. What did he do? Where did he go? Did he survive the War? Questions that one can ask, since now you know who he is!!!

Ross has researched 2 SS Daggers for me - and it is a Great Experience! Dave/dblmed

Comment

Grind with "extreme prejudice!"

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a SS dagger. That's my dream. That's my nightmare

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

As some of you may already know by now, I elected to sell off my collection a couple of months ago, and this is one of the few items I decided to hang onto for just a little while longer - a kind of "test" to see if I really can let it all go, at least for the time being . . .

My intent is to bring this dagger (and a couple of other final remaining odd items) along with me to the S.O.S., and see if I will walk away at the end of the show with the dagger in hand, or with cash to put back in Savings for a distant "rainy-day" should I ever decide to take up another interest. It has been a real sobering experience to finally let go of my collection - I am beginning to feel much more relieved and re-invigorated once again. I've always known that I enjoy the chase more often than the catch - the only question for me that remains, is if that possible future hunt is going to be for militaria, or left to some other currently unidentified rush . . .

Thanks again for the comments!

Brad

P.S. evilmike - I'm not so sure I would enjoy knowing much more about any of your dreams - let alone any of your nightmares . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
                              JR,

Now that you say that, and with such a "professional" grinding job having been performed, I guess it does kind of appear that this fellow might not have enjoyed seeing the name "Rohm" dangling around his back-side any longer . . .

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X