No announcement yet.

Looking for pictures of G33/40 bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a very nice bayonet but it is not called a "dot" or a "G33/40" bayonet, which was the point I was trying to make. It is like incorrectly saying that the S84/98 bayonet is a K98 bayonet. The nomenclature of the rifle (i.e. Karabiner 98 or Gewehr 33/40) is not the correct German nomenclature for the bayonet. This bayonet is called the Vz. 24 in Czech service and the Germans called it the S 24(t) in their published nomenclature. Also the "dot" marking is a manufacturer code as you mention and not the name of this bayonet any more than the carbines that are stamped "dot" are called dot rifles.

These Vz. 24 [S 24(t)] bayonets were reworked and/or newly made under supervision of the Germans at either the Bystrica Werke or the BrĂ¼nn Werke in occupied Czechoslovakia. The proper German name for your newly manufactured (1942) bayonet is the Seitengewehr 24(t) and it was issued by the Germans without regard to which carbine it was mounted on and not specifically made for the Gewehr 33/40 carbine.

I hope this helps avoid further confusion.

George Wheeler

Comment

I see your point and it makes sense. Thank you for your clarification of this area of confusion in nomenclature.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
      X