Looking for pictures of G33/40 bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for pictures of G33/40 bayonet

Hi guys! By chance, can you show me picture of a g33/40 bayonet? Found in the internet thid information: these bayonets are rare and all are marked dot. But could not find a picture. Please show, if you have. Thanks!
    The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Theodore,

There is no such thing as a "g33/40 bayonet." These G33/40 carbines took the standard S84/98 German bayonet. The reference you found on the internet probably refers to the Czech Vz.24 bayonet manufactured under German occupation. These Vz.24 bayonets were newly made by Waffenwerke Brünn in 1942 and 1943 and were marked "dot" with these two dates. Any of these bayonets would be correct for the G33/40 rifle as they all fit on the K98k or similar German rifles.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your response! This made it clear. Then, maybe they are no so rare, because see them for sale from time to time.
      The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

were the 945 and dot g33/40 rifles not issued with 945 and dot marked bayonets?
        I have a 945 marked rifle that is a war souvineer (sp?) that had a 945 marked bayonet with it, these were inherited from my uncle who picked them up in europe while serving under Paton.

Comment

No, the g33/40 rifles were not issued with matching bayonets as the bayonets are all interchangeable by design. It would be coincidental that your uncle brought back a 945 made rifle with a 945 made bayonet. These code numbers simply indicated the factories that made each item.

Your uncle probably picked up a rifle and bayonet that happened to be manufactured by the same maker but bayonets were not serial number or maker matched to Kar98 or g33/40 as a rule.

Comment

hmm... I wonder who matched them up, the whermacht soldier or my great uncle? Unfortunately both he and my grandfather, who may have known, are gone.

Comment

The first issues of the Czech Vz24 bayonet circa 1940 made under the German occupation by the CZ factories at Brno and Bystrica were identical to the Czech bayonets (but w/o the Czech Army markings) having instead German inspection/acceptance markings. Full muzzle rings with a gray phosphated muzzle ring and blade with bright hilts.

Circa 1941 bayonets were made identical to the German issues (blued and no muzzle ring) seen with and without German acceptance markings. It was in 1942 into early 1943 that we see the “dot” markings. All of the “945” marked bayonets that I have seen to date have been from the Brno factory contract for Romania.

I have pictures of German mountain troops and some SS soldiers with the original bright hilt Vz24 bayonets. Unfortunately from the pictures it cannot be discerned if the bayonets are new issues, or captured ex Czech Army bayonets. Although with some of the SS pictures there is not much doubt that that those examples were ex Czech bayonets because it can be seen that they are paired with original configuration Czech rifles. FP

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
                Theodore,

There is no such thing as a "g33/40 bayonet." These G33/40 carbines took the standard S84/98 German bayonet. The reference you found on the internet probably refers to the Czech Vz.24 bayonet manufactured under German occupation. These Vz.24 bayonets were newly made by Waffenwerke Brünn in 1942 and 1943 and were marked "dot" with these two dates. Any of these bayonets would be correct for the G33/40 rifle as they all fit on the K98k or similar German rifles.
                This is not entirely correct, there is a g33/40 bayonet, although
                its looks the same as the Vz24 bayonet, they 945 or dot marked with
                WaA 65 inspection number, i will post photos of my bayonet with africa
                frog and G33/40 shortly, just for info the G33/40 has a different sling and
                cleaning rod than a k98

Comment

Here are some photos of my "dot" bayonet, the so-called "G33/40 Bayonet".
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X