Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Karl

Comment

My 2 Contributions...

Here is my unissued M7 / 36, E. & F. Horster.

I'm not sopisiticated enough on these knifes to know what period. It has the motto on the front of the blade, with the reverse side of the blade having no maker mark, nor "RZM" logo. Just "M7 / 36" engraved horizontally across the top of the blade. It has a beautiful brown leather hanger. Came with the original plain paper sack, and a paper label on the scabbard hanger.

Picture really doesn't begin to do it justice...it is truly in mint, unissued, perfect condition. One of my favorite items!
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is my other unissued HJ knife. It's an unmarked WKC, with hunting-style point. Clip point, some people call them, although I don't know where that term comes from.

Again, I'm not very knowledgable about types. But it has no motto on the front of the blade, and no markings on the reverse of the blade. It came in it's original WKC marked paper sack, and has a black leather scabbard.

This picture also really doesn't begin to do it justice...it is in near mint, unissued, perfect condition (the only flaw being about 1/32" of the tip being gone). One of my favorite items!

Can anyone shed any details on this type tip, and how it came about? What period does this date from, and how frequently is this style seen?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
                    Here is my unissued M7 / 36, E. & F. Horster.

I'm not sopisiticated enough on these knifes to know what period. It has the motto on the front of the blade, with the reverse side of the blade having no maker mark, nor "RZM" logo. Just "M7 / 36" engraved horizontally across the top of the blade. It has a beautiful brown leather hanger. Came with the original plain paper sack, and a paper label on the scabbard hanger.

Picture really doesn't begin to do it justice...it is truly in mint, unissued, perfect condition. One of my favorite items!
                    Douglas, thats a real nice hj, could you show a pic of the M7/36 stamp please.

Thanks Scott.

Comment

The two together...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for asking, Scott. Once I get my items in display cases, I tend not to handle them very frequently. I was wrong about what I remembered on the reverse of the M7 / 36 blade. My fault. It does have the RZM logo, as well. See pic...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
                          Thanks for asking, Scott. Once I get my items in display cases, I tend not to handle them very frequently. I was wrong about what I remembered on the reverse of the M7 / 36 blade. My fault. It does have the RZM logo, as well. See pic...
                          Douglas a very interesting hj knife by E & F Horster with the Ink RZM stamp only, i have never seen one like this before so i,m sure this is a rare variation, The WKC clip point is a late war production hj & its another rare variation, its called a clip point because of the type of blade with the clip point tip, Congrats you have 2 hjs to be very proud off

Best Regards Scott.
                          Last edited by sweezz; 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Scott. :-)

Comment

Youth Knife Diamond Emblem

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find an original youth knife emblem? The emblem on my knife appears to be a reproduction. The knife is marked RZM M7/13 the condition is very good, but the grip emblem seems to have been replaced. Thanks in advance for your help.
                              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stern View Post
                                I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find an original youth knife emblem? The emblem on my knife appears to be a reproduction. The knife is marked RZM M7/13 the condition is very good, but the grip emblem seems to have been replaced. Thanks in advance for your help.
                                Mike
                                Mike, quite a hard item to find these days, hj hat/cap insignia is the same size as the grip insignia or you could buy a rough hj for use as a parts peice with good emblem, check this site for ideas http://www.ddsdaggers.com/

Regards Scott.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X