Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe NCO Dagger

Hello,

Can someone tell me if this Luftwaffe Dagger is a good one , or a bad one?

Can I expect a price between 400 - 500 euro's or is it going to be more or less?

Got these pic's from seller.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I would be pleased if i get some reactions

Comment

Maarten,

Looks like a nice original Luftwaffe 2nd model officer's dagger. I would say, from what you show, that the value should be $427-$475. I believe, from what I can see that E400-E500 would be on the high side.

Your blade picture isn't too good, what is the condition of the blade? Is it maker marked? If so, some rarer makers will command a higher price merely because some collectors buy according to the marks, sometimes doubling or more the average price of such a dagger.

Comment

The dagger is made by Paul Weyersberg and the blade is still fine.

Comment

Based on what's visible in the photos I would guess that it's an original dagger but would agree that the price seems a little high.
                      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Maarten,

Weyersberg is a common maker of Luft 2 daggers so no bump in price there. I would suggest talking the guy down or looking at another one.

Comment

Are the dagger fittings ( pommel and crossguard ) in cast heavy - brass metall or the common aluminium parts ?

Comment

While the blade photo makes seeing detail almost impossible, does it look like it's been retipped. May be the photos but it looks like the bottom edge of the blade lacks the correct curvature.
                            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Better pics needed.

The tip certainly looks like something is amiss with it.
                              At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X