SS Dagger good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Co.
    15 is actually the special SS code assigned to Henckels.
    Regards.

Not according to this site:

http://germandressdaggers.com/Maker%20marks.htm

Unless the codes were reassigned during '38 to '39? Anything's possible I guess???

Comment

Originally posted by sdp
      Not according to this site:

http://germandressdaggers.com/Maker%20marks.htm

Unless the codes were reassigned during '38 to '39? Anything's possible I guess???
      sdp , that link shows RZM codes not SS RZM codes . 15 is the SS code for Henckels.
      Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Co.
        sdp , that link shows RZM codes not SS RZM codes . 15 is the SS code for Henckels.
        Regards.

Steve... I don't understand?

The website says, "The following is a list of known edged weapon manufacturer's RZM codes taken from Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich by Tom Johnson"

15 is Carl & Robert Linder
        10 is J. A. Henckels

I must be missing something here?

Regards, Scott

Comment

Hi Scott, what you are missing is that the SS issued their own makers contract codes Some of these are known, while others are yet to be discovered. I hope that clears things up for you?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade... no, it's still not sinking in for me.

If you look at the RZM codes on that site, the ones further down show the maker's marks but may not have a known RZM number, (yet to be discovered) but the maker's further up the list and in particular, Henckels and Carl & Robert Linder show what their RZM codes are... 10 for Henckels and 15 Carl & Robert Linder. Thanks Scott

Comment

It's just sunk in.... finally regarding the SS contract number and RZM thanks Steve and Ade.

I'm off to sleep before I have another mental block!
              Last edited by sdp; 02-21-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

If the mark on the blade was M7/10, it would be Henckels. The mark on the SS dagger in question is configured differently - the most notable difference being the SS runes after the number. I have heard the SS marks refered to as "contract numbers", but am not sure if that is totally correct. I do know, however, that the SS did use a different system and that a great many of the numbers found on SS daggers are not traceable.

Best,
                Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X